selling vehicles on Ebay - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old September 9th, 2005, 08:58 PM
m j
selling vehicles on Ebay

Just was wondering what experince people have had with selling a vehicle on Ebay? It seems like a good option, but then I hear all the stories of faulty buyers.... and people that bid but really shouldn't.

Old September 10th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Van Der Waal
I've bought/sold the last 3 LR's on eBay over the last couple years. Selling on eBay is just like selling on LRX or any other bulletin board essentially, except you get much more exposure than any other single source. I've had buyers just ship the car from my driveway and also come to pick it up. Just make sure that you get your $$ into your bank account before you let it go; say in your ad that you'll send the title out as soon as their check clears.

You can also specifiy that each bidder contact you prior to bidding, especially if they have a low feedback score. I never accept bids from negative bidders.

Old September 12th, 2005, 03:42 PM
D-90 Source P.I.
02 D2, 13 E350 AMG, 11 Ford F350
I have mixed reviews/feelings about EBay car buying. I did sell a Discovery off EBay awhile back with no issues, however on the flip side of the coin I have heard of horror stories from buyers who had no idea what they were really getting into. It only cost $42 for a basic auction to sell and of course (usually) buying is free.

I bought the diamonds myself so I would not have to say thank you to anyone.
Old September 13th, 2005, 07:21 AM
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles
I sold a DII via ebay. Seemed to work fine. Make sure you work out all of the terms and capture them in the auction listing itself. Everything from meeting/shipping, deposit, etc.

Most of the time, people will skirt the ebay auction itself and contact you directly to negotiate.
Old September 14th, 2005, 05:20 PM
1997 Hardtop
I bought this 1997 on Ebay from the East Coast, and I'm really happy. I did as much homework as possible...and it turned out GREAT. I saved thousands over paying Orange County prices here...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat