Seattle D90 Owners - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old April 11th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Adam Salnick
1974 Series III SWB
Seattle D90 Owners

This is a question that goes out to all of you Seattle D90 owners. I am really looking pretty heavily at at getting myself a 90 as a "practical" car. For some reason I have never owned a car made in the last 30 years, but lack of time to work on a car is driving me that direction. Right now my two main drivers are a 1969 Triumpg TR6 and a Series 3 SWB land rover. Anyway, I have never driven a 90 before and I sure would like to try it out before I empty my savings account. There are a couple for sale locally but I am not sure that I am interested in them, so I feel a bit bad about taking them out for a joy drive. Anyway, if any of you guys would let me take it around the block I would much appreciate it! I am just trying to get a feel for how it feels underway. I love my series rover to death, but it is a lot of work to drive in traffic. Anyway, please drop me a line if you can help me out. Thanks for your time.

Adam Salnick

Old April 11th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team
As a former TR3 owner, I would say that if you can handle the NVH levels of the triumph, you will enjoy the D90. I've never owned a series, but the D has power brakes, steering, etc and is really quite pleant to handle in and around. The D90 is actually a parking machine since visibility is excellent and you can easily feel where all four corners are at.

I'm from Seattle, but I'm not there now, so I cant offer much except words of encouragement. If you are still wondering this summer, shoot me an email - I'll be around Seattle through most of July and August.

Old April 11th, 2005, 05:49 PM
Van Der Waal
Compared to a 90, driving my Series IIa with parabolic springs was like driving a tractor while being hit in the back with a shovel. The D90 is a much more civilized truck. Noise levels with the fiberglass/soft/no top are lower than the Safari top was, too.
Old April 13th, 2005, 07:46 PM
Rick Askew
1995 Defender SW

I've got a stock '95 SW that should serve your purposes. I'd be happy to drive around the block with you. I'm in Magnolia. I'll send an e-mail to your address and we can coordinate something./RFA
Old April 14th, 2005, 07:21 AM
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW
Originally Posted by asalnick
There are a couple for sale locally but I am not sure that I am interested in them, so I feel a bit bad about taking them out for a joy drive.
If you're seriously considering a D90, it wouldn't be a joy drive, now would it ? Don't be scared or feel bad, just go drive it.

Speaking from many years (regretfully) in the car business, just go take it for a test drive... like we used to say: "...The feel of the wheel, is half the deal..."

Old April 14th, 2005, 10:31 AM
'94 D90 ST
When I was looking, I went and just drove a number of them that were on the market (in the Seattle area). Besides, they were all different too.
Just go do it. Besides, you *might* become interested in one of them. Just maybe.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

90, d90