Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old December 14th, 2003, 08:52 PM
Joe P
Joe Pfeiffer
Black 97 D-90ST #0605

SCLR

Are there any SCLR members on the site. My wife and I are thinking of joining and will probably be at the annual meeting in Jan to check it out. I was just wondering how big the D-90 contingent was within SCLR.

Since I just got my rig it is pretty stock. I just added SafariGard sliders and have a brushgaurd with skid plate on order. I plan on getting the WARN XD9000i winch. What other mods do I need to do to keep up on the SCLR runs?

Also, I was thinking about the Nevada Trophy. Anyone one this board participate last year.

Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 14th, 2003, 09:44 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Hey Joe,

I am not a member technically. They are mostly an LA bunch but I know a good amount of people in the group. They have a handful of D-90's, mostly Discos. If you stick to the stock height and throw a rear locker in you will be fine. They are not very hard core. I have to stick with the J**pers to get my fix. Everybody I have met is super nice.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 14th, 2003, 10:06 PM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

Hi Joe,

1. SCLR is a great group, all variety of cars, drivers, people & families. Most runs are 'easy' (see 'calendar of past events' on the SCLR website), but there are some more advanced events as well. A very social group, camping trips are fun for families.

2. Tough off-road tires is the first mod. You may already have these, don't know. Recommend BFG MTs -- they never fail. Street tires will cut on the rocks. Might consider a lift before buying the tires. I squeezed on 255/85/16s without cutting (well, a wee bit of boxcutter trimming on the back corners of the front eyebrows), with a 2" lift. Go see Eddie Bostock at Land Rover Unlimited in Irvine. He's an SCLR sponsor (see sponsor page on SCLR site), and did the current lift on my rig.

3. By all means do the Nevada Trophy! You can play it as tough as you want, or just go for a good time, but going for the win is pure adrenalin. They will have a Novice Trophy this year. Search the SCLR forum for my comments about navigational equipment and mods for the Trophy.

See you at the January SCLR meeting!

Doug Walker
Old December 15th, 2003, 02:51 PM
read
Read Kerlin
'94 w/ POE HT

I'm a member but this last year I only made it to the annual mtg. hoping next year things will work out different.
Old December 17th, 2003, 06:35 PM
paulb
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576

Joe,
I am in the same boat as you. Am thinking of joining but have not only because getting a job and a house eat my weekends up. From what I have heard from area D-90 sightings (does that make sence?) SCLR is a good group.
As newly relocated to CA, the want to go off road is great - oh and by the way my rig is a green stock 1994 D-90.Look for the only one with New Jersey plates
Old December 29th, 2003, 01:06 AM
Joe P
Joe Pfeiffer
Black 97 D-90ST #0605

I was in the SCLR message board and it looked like you need a ticket to go to the annual meeting. how do you get a ticket? I don't know for sure if I want to join, but I am leaning towards joining. Plus I think it would be great to meet some fellow D-90 owners.

Again if anyone knows how to get a ticket to this thing please let me know. Thanks,
Old December 29th, 2003, 02:38 AM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

Humm. Mine just came in the mail. I'd email webmaster@sclr.org right away. You might have to just go to the Auto Show and buy a ticket at this point.....

Sorry, don't know any more.

Doug W.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat