Scheelmann Sportline LR front seats (with folding bottoms) - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old April 17th, 2016, 07:00 PM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
Scheelmann Sportline LR front seats (with folding bottoms)

Looks like the Scheelmann Sportline LR front seats with folding bottoms are about. Finally, a Defender specific Recaro design which means no-kidding access to the battery box, defender bolt pattern frames, plus crazy things like 5-position lumbar support, integrated electronic control panels, and dual integrated armrests. Lots of stuff to waste money on. Not sure who needs this stuff, but it seems like a good alternative to having people doing things like putting Mini and Mazda seats into their Defenders.

Integrated armrests by themselves would be awesome.

DefenderTuning :: scheel-mann Sportline LR Edition, with foldable seat

http://www.defendertuning.com.au/scheel-mann-seat-touring-touring-f-lr-edition-with-foldable-seat.html

Note: Not all the Scheelmann seats have removable bottoms. You must get the removable bottom version.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 17th, 2016, 08:09 PM
Paul K
Paul Kennington
'85 Ninety V8 SW

Registry
TPond on this site is going to be a dealer.
Old April 17th, 2016, 08:56 PM
tpond
Toby Pond

As Paul mentioned, I am now the North American distributor for Scheel Mann seats. This is very exciting for me, as this will be the first time since the early 1980's that Scheel Mann will be available in the USA. I have not made any announcements yet since the first batch of seats for the US is still in production, and will not be here until late June.

We have a booth at the NW Overland Rally in Plain, WA in June. There will nice group of PDX Rover guys up there to have some fun, so come on out to see us!

Each seat is hand made in Germany to a very high quality standard. They are regarded as some of the most comfortable, durable seats made, and fit a Defender station wagon (no bulkhead) like a glove!

Once the delivery date is confirmed, we will be doing a pre-sale, so stay tuned.

Toby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 17th, 2016, 09:02 PM
icnsltmfg
Adam
1988 D90 RHD 19J

Registry
Not inexpensive at $1,200 USD but a very nice upgrade, esp with the heat and massage...armrests and bolsters...

2017 Range Rover L405 HSE TD6
2008 Range Rover HSE L322/MkIII - Gone but not forgotten
1988 D90 County RHD 2.5TD
2015 Porsche Cayenne TD
Old April 17th, 2016, 10:44 PM
Werrea
Anthony Werre
08 LR3

Toby for those who don't know him is a awesome guy. I am hoping to have my seats in the 110 and showing them off at the Overland Rally. I am super excited since these are the best seats in my opinion. Super comfortable and built extremely well.
Old April 17th, 2016, 11:02 PM
JackW
Jack Walter
1966 109 SW Diesel

You evil, evil man. These might just cause me to add an even more expensive item to the long list of improvements I want to do to my D-90.

For those of you who aren't familiar with Scheel seats - they were original equipment in the legendary 1973 Porsche Carrera RS. Recaros are a poor substitute by comparison. Just wow....
Old April 18th, 2016, 02:47 AM
broadstone
Chris
'84 CSW 90 '74 NADA III '97 CSW 110

Registry
I have the Scheel-mann seats in my 110. From what I was told they came originally fitted to a 90 from Italy and the short owner didn't like them. They are the non lifting base but have the original LR defender stickers on the bases. They are great seats and very comfortable. They support the legs really well which original seats never do for taller people. Lifting bases is obviously better but the non lifting base doesn't really bother me. The fact that the seat back folds forward makes getting the kids in the carseats a lot easier in a 110. I highly recommend them.
Old April 18th, 2016, 05:50 AM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
I thought Recaro made everything a man's rear touches in a Porsche?

I don't think its correct to say Scheel is somehow "better" than Recaro. Aside from the Scheel 300, Scheel is known for cheaper repro seats in the Porsche world, Afaik. The real deal Porsche seats are Recaro and they fetch the highest dollar, right?

Anyways....this is Defender board right ?

These aren't actual OEM Defender seats, which i prefer, but i thought I'd share anyways. Just trying to share new products glad to hear experiences from others!
Old April 2nd, 2017, 01:43 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

I drove 4400 miles in a Scheel Mann seat and I have to say that they put Exmoor Trim (which is what I had before) to shame. The bottom seats are longer and extend out more which means much improved comfort for us taller folks. They have just the right amount of firmness. The comfort is particularly noticeable on longer drives (5-10hrs).

You can definitely feel and see the quality. Those plastic covers on the stock/exmoor seats that cover the folding lever never seem to stay on and always end up breaking. Its a relief not having to deal with that crap anymore. The seat box access is also much better. You pull a pin and swing the bottom open. Really fantastic seats.
Old April 2nd, 2017, 02:51 PM
GuamPilot
Mike & Carrie Wendt
1986 90 2.5NA

Registry
Are you selling these now? Lots of choices in stock? Defender Source discount?

Mike & Carrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpond View Post
As Paul mentioned, I am now the North American distributor for Scheel Mann seats. This is very exciting for me, as this will be the first time since the early 1980's that Scheel Mann will be available in the USA. I have not made any announcements yet since the first batch of seats for the US is still in production, and will not be here until late June.

We have a booth at the NW Overland Rally in Plain, WA in June. There will nice group of PDX Rover guys up there to have some fun, so come on out to see us!

Each seat is hand made in Germany to a very high quality standard. They are regarded as some of the most comfortable, durable seats made, and fit a Defender station wagon (no bulkhead) like a glove!

Once the delivery date is confirmed, we will be doing a pre-sale, so stay tuned.

Toby
Old April 3rd, 2017, 12:18 PM
ersatzknarf
Frank
'96 hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
I drove 4400 miles in a Scheel Mann seat and I have to say that they put Exmoor Trim (which is what I had before) to shame. The bottom seats are longer and extend out more which means much improved comfort for us taller folks. They have just the right amount of firmness. The comfort is particularly noticeable on longer drives (5-10hrs).

You can definitely feel and see the quality. Those plastic covers on the stock/exmoor seats that cover the folding lever never seem to stay on and always end up breaking. Its a relief not having to deal with that crap anymore. The seat box access is also much better. You pull a pin and swing the bottom open. Really fantastic seats.

Great report !

Thank you ! ! !
Old July 17th, 2017, 11:21 AM
Mybluett
Defenders Northwest
110SW
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuamPilot View Post
Are you selling these now? Lots of choices in stock? Defender Source discount?

Mike & Carrie
We (Defenders Northwest) are the retailer for the Scheel-Mann Defender Seats with several in-stock seats, and even have a custom fabric setup to match the 25 year old gray 5-bar pattern.

Old July 17th, 2017, 01:38 PM
emah
Ed Mah
1993 NAS D110

Registry
Price is per seat or pair? I didn't find a price list or options with prices like arm test, heat or lumbar, etc. am I missing it on your website? Thanks, Ed
Old July 17th, 2017, 02:00 PM
Mybluett
Defenders Northwest
110SW
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by emah View Post
Price is per seat or pair? I didn't find a price list or options with prices like arm test, heat or lumbar, etc. am I missing it on your website? Thanks, Ed
Price is per seat (they are sided - Right or Left) and the quick-ship seats are pre-configured with or without heat/lumbar. All our stock seats are Defender models with the tilt base for battery box access and include the slider assembly to match the defender seatbox bolt pattern (4-hole mounting type)

Armrests are sold separately and can be used with any seat.

Custom seats are built to order in Germany in 3-6 weeks and can be specified with just about any option you'd like.
Old July 17th, 2017, 02:10 PM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Couldn't ascertain if vinyl was an option. It's just the easiest/most durable for my open always ST.
Old July 17th, 2017, 02:21 PM
Mybluett
Defenders Northwest
110SW
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by D90Overkill View Post
Couldn't ascertain if vinyl was an option. It's just the easiest/most durable for my open always ST.
Full vinyl is an option - as is full leather. Both being special order seats.
Old July 17th, 2017, 04:16 PM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Cool. Very good to know. Thanks.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
seats