SCARR is only 4 days Away. To get ready have a look at last years video. Enjoy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 15th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Gunmaker
Michael Ullman
1995 D90 SW #270

Registry
You're stressing me out!!!! Been working on cars every weekend for 2 1/2 months trying to get ready. Think I got the Defender good enough tonight. My sons car is close but we'll see. we may have to come up Thursday instead of Wednesday but are really looking forward to getting away.
Old April 16th, 2013, 06:26 PM
JASEcrest
Jason
'88 Defender 110

SCARR - Role Call

Who is planning to attend SCARR this year?

My brother-in-law will be taking my son and me this year... I look forward to meeting forum members and put some faces/rigs with names.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 16th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

I'm boycotting the Texas Rovers, it needs and administration change...you all have fun! Make sure you give Gunmaker a hard time!
Old April 16th, 2013, 08:43 PM
JASEcrest
Jason
'88 Defender 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Larson View Post
I'm boycotting the Texas Rovers, it needs and administration change...you all have fun! Make sure you give Gunmaker a hard time!
Sorry to hear that... I was looking forward to meeting you (as you were the first to welcome me to the forum).

We (wife and 4 kids) may be heading your direction this summer for family vacation. Schlitterbahn made the short list in our last family discussions.
Old April 16th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASEcrest View Post
Sorry to hear that... I was looking forward to meeting you (as you were the first to welcome me to the forum).

We (wife and 4 kids) may be heading your direction this summer for family vacation. Schlitterbahn made the short list in our last family discussions.
You'll have to ping me when you come down and we can grab a burger or something!
Old April 16th, 2013, 10:29 PM
jafir
Jafir Elkurd
Flaky Green 198something ex-mod 90

Registry
I'm planning on going.
Old April 17th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Gunmaker
Michael Ullman
1995 D90 SW #270

Registry
Plan was to be there today. New plan is tomorrow. After 2 1/2 months of weekends and evenings working on two cars they still aren't quite ready. Hopefully today!
Old April 22nd, 2013, 11:19 AM
jafir
Jafir Elkurd

Registry
SCARR was a lot of fun! I totally cleaned up on the D1/RRC/Defender raffle prizes.... probably because there were mostly D2 at the rally. I was actually surprised not to see more D1.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 11:25 AM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafir View Post
SCARR was a lot of fun! I totally cleaned up on the D1/RRC/Defender raffle prizes.... probably because there were mostly D2 at the rally. I was actually surprised not to see more D1.
That's cool...makes the drive worth while. Post some photos! Gunmaker had some technical problems. How did you do on the trails?
Old April 22nd, 2013, 11:32 AM
jafir
Jafir Elkurd

Registry
I didn't push too hard because I didn't have any armor, and I didn't want to add too much to the body damage that the British military had already done. I stuck with 3 diamonds and less on the trails, but I think one of them might have been not label for current conditions.

I'm pretty impressed with how a stock MOD 90 does.

What was really cool what that Bill Burke ended up following us on some of the trails I was on.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 01:49 PM
Gunmaker
Michael Ullman
1995 D90 SW #270

Registry
Well, one torn tire, one slipped bead caked with mud and one bent rim, resulting in three trips into town to a tire shop, one bent fender, a wheel bearing that needs repacked, and headlights that no longer work, we made it back last night with huge grins on our face. We had a great time. Not only that, we cleaned up in the raffle. My son and I won so much stuff people started groaning when we got up to claim our prizes. Haters!!

It took two head gasket jobs, swapping out a transfer case, installing rock sliders on the Disco. putting on diff guards, installing two used fans, sealing up leaking sunroofs, installing a skid plate, a few other small issues I can't remember and one extra day of working to get there.

I should thank the guys at British 4x4, Dale Knepp and Bill Larson for helping us get ready and out. They are all awesome and great people to work with.

Michael
Old April 22nd, 2013, 03:01 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaker View Post
Well, one torn tire, one slipped bead caked with mud and one bent rim, resulting in three trips into town to a tire shop, one bent fender, a wheel bearing that needs repacked, and headlights that no longer work, we made it back last night with huge grins on our face. We had a great time. Not only that, we cleaned up in the raffle. My son and I won so much stuff people started groaning when we got up to claim our prizes. Haters!!

It took two head gasket jobs, swapping out a transfer case, installing rock sliders on the Disco. putting on diff guards, installing two used fans, sealing up leaking sunroofs, installing a skid plate, a few other small issues I can't remember and one extra day of working to get there.

I should thank the guys at British 4x4, Dale Knepp and Bill Larson for helping us get ready and out. They are all awesome and great people to work with.

Michael
Any time Mike...my garage is your garage...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat