Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 3rd, 2011, 06:50 PM
mjekogian
Michael Jekogian
1997/ Defender ST

Registry
Scamp or Pop up?

I think I have the green light on a camper. I have seen the scamp discussion come up a few times over the years. so I figure some of you guys/and girls tow something around and I imagine some of you have an opinion or two. (even if you have never towed one) I take any info I can get I can weed out what I don't need. So now I am looking for 2 things.
1. any suggestions? Scamp or pop up, something else. What will the 90 handle?
I tried to talk her into an adventure or roof top tent. ( no go ) she wants some comforts of home.
2. anyone selling?

Thanks in advance
Michael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 3rd, 2011, 09:32 PM
JackW
Jack Walter
1966 109 SW Diesel

I had a 13' Boler (predecessor to the Scamp) and the D-90 towed it like it wasn't even back there. If I kept it under 60 it didn't even effect the mileage too much. Interior is a bit tight for two - especially if you're at or above six feet tall (bed isn't as long as a pop-up) but it was a great camper. The Boler weighed about 900 pounds and its great to be able to just open the door and step in. I sold mine last year for around $3200 but I'll buy another trailer as soon as I can. Check out www.FiberglassRV.com for lots of info on these lightweight trailers.

What I really want is one of these:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2005familia320gt.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	34492  
Old January 3rd, 2011, 11:08 PM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

I know of an Evo3 like new, around $15k, but a bit big behind a 90, okay behind a D-II though

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 4th, 2011, 11:06 AM
matansas
jon lyons
97 AA Convertible

pop up

I have owned a lot of stuff , and i will be the first to say my pop up was the most amazing thing i ever bought. After tent camping for twenty years kids came along and everything changed. The pop up gave us a place to get in out of the rain, heat on a could night and keep the kids.
we would sit and play cards, make a bowl of chili and hang out. Ran two deep cell batteries which seemed to last forever. A set of Yakama racks brought the canoe, bikes and water and we were sett for ten days anywhere.
Trailer was around 3000 pounds loaded so didn't even feel it. The new ones i've seen are even better. The low height help gas mileage and handling, allowed us to pile sht on when we needed and let me store it in garage so it stayed mint.
Good luck with yor decision
Old January 4th, 2011, 11:40 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackW View Post
I had a 13' Boler (predecessor to the Scamp) and the D-90 towed it like it wasn't even back there. If I kept it under 60 it didn't even effect the mileage too much. Interior is a bit tight for two - especially if you're at or above six feet tall (bed isn't as long as a pop-up) but it was a great camper. The Boler weighed about 900 pounds and its great to be able to just open the door and step in. I sold mine last year for around $3200 but I'll buy another trailer as soon as I can. Check out www.FiberglassRV.com for lots of info on these lightweight trailers.

What I really want is one of these:
Had I known you were selling, I would have bought it from you at MAR. I love that thing. Every scamp or boler I find is (1) far away or (2) over 5k.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat