Sandstorm Seat Covers - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old October 9th, 2008, 10:43 AM
discotdi
Todd Miller
Land Rover

Sandstorm Seat Covers

FYI. I just received my Sandstorm seat covers for my 1996 Disco. They are very well made, strong canvas material, and they fit great. I highly recommend them based on my first impressions.
I only purchased the front set and they cost me 8200 KES or about $120. I had a family member pick them up in Kenya so don't know how much shipping would be. I would think $50 to $100 max shipping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 9th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Dendy and I were in active ongoing conversations with them to get 110 sets made. Their method of payment was never disclosed to us, and their communications are horrible. Sometimes it took several weeks to get them to reply (and this was for a sale)! We started to think this was a fly-by-night operations, as it was run so horribly. Their pricing was pretty reasonable compared to Melvill and Moon, but the shipping turned out the same. They quoted shipping alone to Dendy in TN at $450!! Sweet Jesus!
Old October 9th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Retrofit
Pat
1984 110 CrewCab 200Tdi

Pics please !!!

Pics pics pics ...

Please

Pat

Kirk Lazarus, Tropic Thunder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
color="Red">CanadaOverland.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 9th, 2008, 02:06 PM
NashvilleRover
Dendy Jarrett
2009 LR3- Well Built

I really wanted a set of Sand Storms. Matter of fact, I had them make me a set of matching duffles as well.
I have been communicating with them since April. Finally, the stopped e-mailing me and started texting me. When I tried to call the numbers on their website and e-mail signatures, ... they were all disconnected and one was a personal cell phone.

I never could get them to tell me how I was to pay. I was very leary of wiring monies or giving my CC number to someone in South Africa (with the horror stories coming out of there about scams).

I finally have given up and went with Badgers. It felt good to support a small US business.

Just my two cents.

Dendy
Old October 9th, 2008, 02:59 PM
discotdi
Todd Miller
Land Rover

I had no problems with email communication. I never discussed shipping charges because I knew I would have someone pick them up for me. As for payment they were not keen on a credit card payment, but I think they would do that for a bigger order or if they were shipping to the USA. As a matter of fact the fellow that I was emailing hand deliverd the covers to my mothers hotel and took cash payment on the spot. The price was pre-arranged.

I am chatting with them about becoming the importer for the USA. Sandstorm bags etc are sold here but no one sells the seat covers. I will get some pics in the next couple of days, if I can figure out how to load them on the site.
Old October 9th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren

Registry
you'll need to solve the shipping problem. I'm not paying the same or more for shipping than the product itself!
Old October 9th, 2008, 03:55 PM
JackW
Jack Walter
1966 109 SW Diesel

I was quoted arond $140 for the front covers for my Defender and $116 for shipping from Kenya. I got around the shipping by having them picked up by a friend of a friend. Now I have to get them shipped here from Colorado. I can't wait to see them. The folks I dealt with seemed very nice but they missed getting them to the airport in time for Tyrone to take delivery so he had one of his co-workers accept them. It is Africa and you can't expect everything to go too smoothly. Anyway my new seat covers are in Colorado instead of Atlanta.

Todd - you didn't mention your covers at MAR you sly fox -
Old October 9th, 2008, 04:07 PM
discotdi
Todd Miller
Land Rover

Jack- I did not have them yet. My Mom just returned from Kenya on Tuesday. I think the shipping would probably need to be arranged from this end rather than Kenya.
Old October 9th, 2008, 06:26 PM
isleofman
Lee Davis
'95 D90 "BeastLee"

my friend just sent me this link www.escapegear.co.za . she is getting seat covers from them for her landy and getting a set for me as a present. my mom will be bringing it back on her next visit here so at least we won't have to deal with the crazy shipping costs. I can't wait!! early christmas for sure. i love the extra storage bag that doubles as a carry bag.
Old October 9th, 2008, 08:36 PM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

Now that is sly Lee, Beastlee....
Old October 9th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren

Registry
Dang! I'd go for those too. They look just like the M&M seats! It's the damn shipping that's killing us.
Old October 10th, 2008, 12:21 AM
isleofman
Lee Davis
'95 D90 "BeastLee"

i'll be nice and share...will post pics as soon as the covers make their way to the BeastLee

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
cover