San Diego people - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old December 4th, 2004, 01:46 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

I heard California drowns ugly babies at birth.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 4th, 2004, 02:08 PM
PT94D90
Phil
Currently Defenderless

It's not that Chris. There is a factory (secret location) in So Ca that manufactures blonde-haired, blue-eyed, thin, large-breasted, gorgeous girls by the thousands. I've seen it.
Old December 4th, 2004, 02:22 PM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

"In San Diego city you can get a decent 3 bedroom 2 bath house for $700,000. It is even cheaper if you are in San Diego County, there a similar house is only $600,000"

HOLY %$%^

I am working with a top quality custom home builder in my area to build a ~3600 sq ft 3 br 2 1/2 bath house on 5 acres and it is right at 300K

And I thought that was expensive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 5th, 2004, 08:11 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
That is what a 100x120 empty lot would go for around here.. lol.. Man I wish.
Old December 5th, 2004, 12:31 PM
paulb
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576

Its all in perspective with what you have vs expect. I lived in Kalamazoo MI, 4 bdrm, 3000' home for $275k. Moved to Basking Ridge NJ, same thing was $550k. Moved to Thousand Oaks (just north of LA) jumped to $900k. I tried to get a buddy to take a job here. Dude was from Portage MI where he owned ~1 square mile of land, 7000 sq' house and a seperate 6 car garage. Outside of living 3 hours away from LA or having $20 million, that ain't happening here.
As to the women. OH MY GOD! Malibu is 30 minutes away, as is ZUMA beach (most widely known as Baywatch beach setting). I traded this from the NJ shore. Here 80% are unreal (well make that 99% as few of the women will drown - build in life rafts). They are beautiful, both the blonds and the brunettes: although many of the guys here are surfer dudes and really buff. Competition is tuff.
As I write this, it is raining { we need it (oh, my water bill is $200 a month but in a year, I have used the airconditioning 2 days -electric bill is steep - , the heating 3 weeks - gas bill low)} but my home office looks over the Santa Monica mountain range where I watched the clouds roll in last night and I can see the Pacific ocean.
It is a weird thing here. The month we moved here, brush fires burned within 3 miles of our home, there were several earthquakes including a 4.1, water is a BIG issue, and the Santa Anna winds were blowing (that is a warm constant wind that had gusts up to 50mph). No big thing really.
As I said before, I do not want to leave.
Old December 5th, 2004, 06:21 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

It sounds like you have a little bit of paradise there. I agree on everything except for the competition. Here there are so many hot chicks that normal guys can move way up. The chicks are so hot that even gorgeous ones have way low self esteem, which rocks. I bagged a 6' Strawberry blond Swimsuit model. That would be impossible anywhere but here!

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old December 5th, 2004, 08:27 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Thumbs up

Quote:
I bagged a 6' Strawberry blond Swimsuit model.
lol...
Old December 6th, 2004, 03:36 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Kiss your good guns goodbye

Se habla espanol?

But it is sunny . . .

We will miss you if you leave!

Ron
Old December 7th, 2004, 08:04 PM
paulb
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576

Wink

I think David just dissed me in a big way. I am below average, an abi -normal I guess.

Ouch ouch ouch!
Old December 7th, 2004, 10:22 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Paul we can all tell your WAY good looking by the way you type. Not in a gay way.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old December 9th, 2004, 01:34 AM
Seriesman
Michael Elliott
1997 D-90 Hardtop (#2369)

I lived in San Diego for three years before I moved to LA. Trust me--the move was related to my job or I never would have done it. San Diego is an absolutely beautiful place and for the most part the people are pretty nice (I guess that's relative to where your are from and what you are used to). Unfortunately, you better be ready to pay a premium for everything you get in return--outrageous housing costs, high state income tax, incompetent and corrupt local and state governments, restrictive land use policies, etc. If you are single the place will blow your mind. If you have a chance to visit go to some of the clubs/bars in the Pacific Beach/La Jolla area and be carefull not to trip over yourself. It's actually that good, and that's coming from a guy who now lives in LA and unfortunately deals with the Hollywood crowd on a regular basis.

I think you will be surprised at how different the off roading is in the area compared to where you are coming from. There are some good areas, but since you are boxed in by Mexico to the south and the Pacific Ocean to the West, be ready for some long day trips north to get to the more well known Southern CA trails, such as Johnson Valley, the Rubicon, the Dusy, Big Bear, Death Valley, etc. I attached a photo of some of the more tame stuff at Big Bear just to give you an idea of how scenic it can be. The opportunities directly east of San Diego are pretty good and wide open in many ways since it has become nothing more than an extension of Mexico (visit Calexico, Westmorland, El Centro, etc. and you will see what I mean). Off road opportunities in both Arizona and Nevada are excellent, although again you will need to spend the better part of a day just getting there.

Speaking of trails, are any of you from the SD or LA area planning on attending TDS this year? I managed to talk Matt from BCB in Paso Robles to go, as well as a few others with a wide range of vehicles. This will be my 7th year in a row and I would like to not be the only person there driving a Rover for a change. I will probably take my Series 3 again if I can't get the D-90 ready in time. It would be great to see some D-90's/110's. If anyone is interested let me know.

Michael
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Leaning shot (480 x 320).jpg
Views:	107
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	2040  
Old December 9th, 2004, 02:00 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Terra Del Sol. Post up info, I'll go. Very good and honest description of San Diego by the way.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old December 10th, 2004, 12:35 AM
Seriesman
Michael Elliott
1997 D-90 Hardtop (#2369)

Dave,

Thanks. It will be interesting to see what he thinks of SD if he actually moves out here.

I posted up on the other thread as well about TDS. I hope you as well as some of the others in the LA/SD area can go. I will definitely be there this year and it looks like Matt from BCB will be there as well. I will post up something right after Christmas when the club announces the official date.

Michael
Old December 10th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Trigger
Tony Fannin
'94 D-90 #491

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwisteD90
Holly Cow! 600K 700K for a 3-bed house??? You can get the same house here in CO for no more than $350K. Hell, my 4800+ sq.ft house is only worth $650K right now and it's the best one in the neighbor hood. I agree on the fat chicks, but not wheelin though.
That's cheap? I bought my 4/3/2 2200sqft place in Austin for $130K this year. I'm 15 minutes to downtown but still live in the county where taxes are cheaper. In my neighborhood you can still find houses under $100K.

As for California, I lived there for 20 years in San Diego and San Francisco. San Diego was nice in the 70s before the developers got ahold of it. It was still a sleepy little military town. I hated San Francisco and the 4 years I spent there was an eternity. You couldn't get me to move back to California if you tripled my salary. I prefer my freedoms and couldn't stand to leave my toys(guns) in Texas.
Old December 11th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

I love Texas, almost moved out there. But to be fair, it has the cheapest housing market in the U.S. Ditto on San Fran but lets be fair. I have three guns, including a 30-0-6. I can go out to desert and shoot in no time. I have a truck with no muffler and no need to take it to smog. I taught and trained at a full contact school and have fought in cage matches just outside of town. The truth about Cali is that it is a geographicaly Republican dominated state as it has a ton of Rural farm lands. LA and SF are the population hubs so they get the press, the senate, and most of the control. My long winded point is it is not as bad as everyone says. You can own guns. You have some freedom. The environazis are out in force, but look around, Utah, NM and Colorado are under the same attack. Yes, we are taxed to insane amount and there are more illegal Mexicans here than you could believe. Every night when the sun goes down the mexican border looks like the start of the New York Marathon with ponchos. So all said and done, it is not as bad as the rest of the country thinks it is. Of course, the Taxes, Regulations, and property values are three huge negatives.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old December 11th, 2004, 02:26 PM
jperakis
James Perakis
94 ST

hahhaahhaha

"NyC marathon with ponchos"

hahahhahahahahahahah
Old December 13th, 2004, 01:38 PM
paulb
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576

As I said, I would not move.
Been here in CA year last month.
Balance - I have lived in PA,NY,MI,VA and have family I visit in FL, MA,VT,OH,Conn,DC,NYC. So from the 20% of the country I feel I know: I would not move from CA!
Old December 13th, 2004, 01:44 PM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb
As I said, I would not move.
Been here in CA year last month.
Balance - I have lived in PA,NY,MI,VA and have family I visit in FL, MA,VT,OH,Conn,DC,NYC. So from the 20% of the country I feel I know: I would not move from CA!
Yeah, but your data set is skewed to the east coast. Yes, Cali is way better than the east coast. Having lived in SD for 7yrs, you couldn't pay enough to move back there. And yes, SD is waaay better than LA. It's all relative.

"Fossil Fuel Rapid Disposal Unit"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
san diego