Safety Devices NAS Cage D110 Explorer Rack? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old July 19th, 2011, 01:02 AM
NomaD110
Christian
1993 Defender 110

Registry
Safety Devices NAS Cage D110 Explorer Rack?

Does anyone know anything about this Safety Devices 110 rack called the Explorer? I am interested particularly in the short top rail fitting to the external roll cage which I assume is compatible with the NAS cage on the 110? Can these be ordered through ECR?

Quote:

Defender 110 Explorer and G4 Expedition

ROOF RACKS (Explorer racks available late summer 2011)
> 2.8m x 1.4m Explorer rack with SHORT top rail and fitting kit for mounting to RAIN GUTTER > £625.00 exc VAT / £750.00 inc VAT
> 2.8m x 1.4m Explorer rack with LONG top rail and fitting kit for mounting to RAIN GUTTER > £625.00 exc VAT / £750.00 inc VAT
> 2.8m x 1.4m Explorer rack with SHORT top rail and fitting kit for mounting to EXTERNAL ROLL CAGE > £745.83 exc VAT / £895.00 inc VAT
> 2.8m x 1.4m Explorer rack with LONG top rail and fitting kit for mounting to EXTERNAL ROLL CAGE > £745.83 exc VAT / £895.00 inc VAT
> G4 Expedition rack > £808.33 exc VAT / £970.00 inc VAT

ACCESSORIES
> Explorer marine ply floor (L232) > £TBC
> Explorer ladder > £150 exc VAT / £180.00 inc VAT
> Explorer roof cross rails > £33.33 exc VAT / £40 inc VAT
> Explorer roll cage mounting (each) > £20.83 exc VAT / £25.00 inc VAT
> G4 Expedition marine ply floor > £120.83 exc VAT / £145.00 inc VAT
> G4 Expedition ladder > £150.00 exc VAT / £180.00 inc VAT

Explorer racks available late summer 2011.
Currently I am contemplating a Hannibal solution or this...I need a rack that is compatible with the Hannibal tent system.

Thanks for any information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 19th, 2011, 08:30 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomaD110 View Post
Does anyone know anything about this Safety Devices 110 rack called the Explorer? I am interested particularly in the short top rail fitting to the external roll cage which I assume is compatible with the NAS cage on the 110? Can these be ordered through ECR?

Currently I am contemplating a Hannibal solution or this...I need a rack that is compatible with the Hannibal tent system.

Thanks for any information.
Yes, we can get them for you. We don't stock them because they do not fit NAS 110s (the roll cage is in the way of the gutter mounts). The cage clamps have not be perfected yet. It is something we are working on with SD.
Thanks.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old July 19th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
i mounted a hannibal rack on my NAS 110 without legs. worked out great. i used ubolts and trailer leaf spring mounts for a bolt up solution to the external roll cage. lmk if you want pics.

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 19th, 2011, 10:57 AM
NomaD110
Christian
1993 Defender 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR View Post
Yes, we can get them for you. We don't stock them because they do not fit NAS 110s (the roll cage is in the way of the gutter mounts). The cage clamps have not be perfected yet. It is something we are working on with SD.
Thanks.
Thanks Mike,

So even though their own D110 Explorer listing quoted below specifies mounting to "external roll cage" they still won't fit or is the problem that the clamps they offer are crap? Or is it both...haha.

Quote:
> 2.8m x 1.4m Explorer rack with SHORT top rail and fitting kit for mounting to EXTERNAL ROLL CAGE > £745.83 exc VAT / £895.00 inc VAT
Old July 19th, 2011, 12:25 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Thanks Mike,

So even though their own D110 Explorer listing quoted below specifies mounting to "external roll cage" they still won't fit or is the problem that the clamps they offer are crap? Or is it both...haha.
The clamps are the idea to make the new design basket fit all models. They are not completed yet. When they are ready they will be good billet alloy units.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old July 26th, 2011, 04:14 AM
NomaD110
Christian
1993 Defender 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
i mounted a hannibal rack on my NAS 110 without legs. worked out great. i used ubolts and trailer leaf spring mounts for a bolt up solution to the external roll cage. lmk if you want pics.
Pics would be awesome! Thanks.
Old July 26th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Quote:
Pics would be awesome! Thanks.
I'm out of town in the wife's disco but will post pics of my mounts when I get back. Sorry for the delay all.
Old July 26th, 2011, 04:59 PM
NomaD110
Christian
1993 Defender 110

Registry
No sweat. Thanks.
Old July 27th, 2011, 02:59 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I made a special trip up to Nene Overland to pick up one of those racks. I wanted the one with the long rails and they failed to mention that the only one thy had was the one with e short rails. So that trip was a waste, typical crap UK customer service.

I did take a look in the box to see what the mounting feet looked like, and they looked like nothing more than the generic tubing clamps that you often see with 4 or 6 allen bolts joining two halves. I forget what ruses are called. The "instructions" indicated that four clamps were used for the installation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
110, ac, cage, d110, nas, rack, safety devices