Safari Gard Orders - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 22nd, 2005, 03:29 AM
Treuwer
Trae Reuwer
94 D90

Safari Gard Orders

Has anybody else ordered anything from Safari Gard lately? I ordered a set of wheels (5) on Novemeber 19th, and have been getting the run-around from them ever since. I called multiple times and in December got through to someone, a Mary Chadd, her response was that I would see my wheels delivered on the 28th of December. No such luck. I called again and got directed to her cell mailbox. I left a message and stated that I had not yet seen my wheels. I have called since then and have been forwarded to her mailbox, so I sent her an email on January 17th. I recieved the response that the gentlemen they had worked with was no longer there and had not placed SEVERAL of their orders. She told me that she would email me back by friday. As it is past Friday, and I have not recieved a response, and she mentioned that this happened to several of their orders, I was wondering if this happened to anyone else here? I am not trying to complain, but this wasn't cheap and I think I at least deserve an honest answer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 22nd, 2005, 11:47 AM
javelinadave
-
-

Talk with your feet and walk away. Cancel your order and place it with another vendor. I ordered something from them and I got it when it was promised but there are plenty of other places that are more than happy to sell you wheels.
I had a bad experience with Rover Accessories and would never do business with them again. They shipped me out a hitch that appeared to be used and repainted. It was suppose to be new and powder coated. They passed the buck back and forth and then stopped returning calls.
There are plenty of great vendors out there. For wheels I would try British Pacific . They have great prices and offer the best service I have found for Rover stuff. Good luck.....
Old January 22nd, 2005, 12:20 PM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

Try Gulf Coast Rovers. Alan and Mimi will earn your business with their great customer service.

Exactly what wheels are you looking for?

If they had a supplier back out on them, then no telling when you will get your product. Regardless of the blame game just move on and do your self and SG a favor.

JP

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 22nd, 2005, 02:22 PM
read
Read Kerlin
'94 w/ POE HT

If you did a search for SG on this board you might just see a pattern in there service.
Old January 22nd, 2005, 04:50 PM
jdb3760
Jake Buinewicz
95 Defender 90 softtop

I just ordered there tire carrier and the earliest it will be ready to ship is 4 weeks! I just hope that the time they spend making it will be spent wisely, because I won't be happy waiting that long and not getting a high quality product.
Old January 22nd, 2005, 05:15 PM
mattwhite
Matt White
94 D-90

I think everyone that has ever ordered anything from SG has been given the run around by mary. Years ago I was promissed that my bumper would come in 4 weeks and I got it about three months later. Save yourself the hassle and order them somewhere else. GCR steel wheels: 35 bucks each

Matt
Old January 22nd, 2005, 05:30 PM
sheki
David Shechter
97' D90 SW 2.8L diesel

I called them and let a message about wanting a bracket to mount an auxiliary belt driven aircompressor, I was told that they made them. Mary called me back to tell me that they would look into it and get back to me, I'm still waiting... it's been about 7 months now. Take Dave Smith's advice and call British Pacific, very professional and helpful.
Old January 22nd, 2005, 06:06 PM
redrover

I went through this a year ago. At the time ,the wheels came from procomp. I bet the wheels are not stocked due to individual pref in back-spacing/width combos. It took 4ever. When they arrived, I couldnt remember what I had ordered. Good luck ,JP
Old January 22nd, 2005, 08:25 PM
m.olivares
marc olivares

i second Pendys "gulf coast rover" suggestion, they were great with me, i got my wheels in 3 days.

i went through the same crap w/ safari gard years back, they haven't had my business since!
Old January 22nd, 2005, 08:30 PM
dameek
Dennis Meek
95 D90 #2826 Bought New

Several years ago I ordered seat mounts from SG. If I remember right, it took over 6 months to get them. I would call everyweek and their typical response was "they shipped today and you will have them by the end of the week." They charge your credit card immediately. Get as far from them as you can. I will never order another product of theirs.
Like someone said earlier, talk with your feet.

Best of luck!
Old January 22nd, 2005, 09:32 PM
Chris Cox
Chris Cox
94 D90 SW, 300tdi

I really don't know how SG stays open. I have experienced the same stuff with them. Ordered a bumper, took over 3 months to get it, and it wasn't what I ordered. I wanted brush guard tabs welded on before it was powdercoated, my bumper didn't have them. Oh yeah, I paid for the brush tabs. Well after alot of heeing and hawing, the decided they would make a me a set of piano hinge limb riser brackets no charge. I finally got them, and they were rusting before I took them out of the package. They just sprayed them with spray paint, rather than powder coat them, and didn't even completely coat them with the spray paint! At the same time I ordered the limb riser brackets they said that they could make the other brackets for the limb risers to mount to the roof rack. Charged my $80 f-ing dollars for 2 1" piano hinges! My jaw just about dropped when I saw the charge on my credit card statement. Also, they didn't even send the rivnuts to mount the skid plate. Had to wait for those also. I also ordered a 3 link from them. I ordered a 300tdi crossmember with it. Guess what? They didn't have any in stock. Took forever for them to make it and get the 3 link to me, but my card was charged the day I ordered. I think their 3 link is about the only product they have that is worth dealing with them over. Too bad somebody else isn't making them.
Old January 22nd, 2005, 09:33 PM
jdb3760
Jake Buinewicz
95 Defender 90 softtop

Thanks guys for this post becuase now I am going to cancel my order.
Old January 24th, 2005, 07:03 PM
DBZ2009
Z
ex-1994 D90/ 2 j**ps

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cox
I really don't know how SG stays open....
SG stays open because of their "bling-bling" factor. Their stuff looks good to the eye and "sex's up" rovers. They present it in a manner with their catalogs(do they still print them?) that plays on this evenmore.

Bottom line, SG stinks, overpriced equipment that can be purchased cheaper and better from better people elsewhere.

"that's my opinion, and it ought to be yours."
Old January 24th, 2005, 07:16 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Moving this to "Non-Tech"..

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat