Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 19th, 2016, 02:41 PM
Firemanshort
David Short
1980 Stage One 109

Registry
RURR - Northern Virginia to Winter Romp

As long as everything in the Rover world holds steady - I will be making my annual trek from Northern Virginia to Unity, ME (Winter Romp). I am going with my 109 in a pick up configuration, again - and should have room for a few items if RURR is needed.

Last year, I moved a fair amount of cargo both going up and back and everything seemed to work out OK. I only ask that parts be dropped off or picked up at my house or Bruce's house. I am willing to stop along the way - but it needs to on the way and with no delay. It is a long enough drive without monkeying around on side trips.

I will take Route 15 to Harrisburg, PA - 81 to 78 to 287 across the Tappan Zee Bridge to Rt15 in Connecticut up to 91 to 84 in Hartford to 290 near Worcester, MA to 495 and finally on to 95 up near the Maine border. Trevor's place in Hershey is on the way - and he bought me breakfast last year (swell guy).

Last year's trip home from Maine.....

I did a quick look around the various forum folders and did not see a similar thread - so hopefully this is the right place and not duplicating anything.
Sterling, VA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 19th, 2016, 05:05 PM
ron
Ron
1994 NAS Defender 90

dave I might need something brought up from VA if you have the room...
Old January 19th, 2016, 07:18 PM
Firemanshort
David Short
1980 Stage One 109

Registry
Ok - send me PM with details.
Sterling, VA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 3rd, 2016, 09:27 PM
Firemanshort
David Short
1980 Stage One 109

Registry
No takers?

If you are procrastinating - I am only home on Saturday this weekend and we are about one week from travel time.
Sterling, VA
Old February 4th, 2016, 12:59 AM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemanshort View Post
As long as everything in the Rover world holds steady - I will be making my annual trek from Northern Virginia to Unity, ME (Winter Romp). I am going with my 109 in a pick up configuration, again - and should have room for a few items if RURR is needed.

Last year, I moved a fair amount of cargo both going up and back and everything seemed to work out OK. I only ask that parts be dropped off or picked up at my house or Bruce's house. I am willing to stop along the way - but it needs to on the way and with no delay. It is a long enough drive without monkeying around on side trips.

I will take Route 15 to Harrisburg, PA - 81 to 78 to 287 across the Tappan Zee Bridge to Rt15 in Connecticut up to 91 to 84 in Hartford to 290 near Worcester, MA to 495 and finally on to 95 up near the Maine border. Trevor's place in Hershey is on the way - and he bought me breakfast last year (swell guy).

Last year's trip home from Maine.....

I did a quick look around the various forum folders and did not see a similar thread - so hopefully this is the right place and not duplicating anything.
I will add to this offer, I'll be headed up from Raleigh NC area to Charlottesville VA (likely making a stop in Ijamsville MD) onto to Boston MA to Waterville ME... and back.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
virginia