Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old December 31st, 2013, 12:10 PM
mgreenspan
Matthew Greenspan
Land Rovers

Registry
Rumors of 2015 Ford Bronco

I'm sure some of you guys have heard rumors and read articles about this. All the articles still have the old 2004ish Bronco concept vehicle shown as the pictures. The articles also say it would be built on the F-150. It would seem once again LR will be late to the game of putting another vehicle on the market that will be over priced after competitors have put nearly the same thing out for public consumption. I doubt they will ever be leading the way in the SUV market. It really seems like their lack of Defender replacement is a lost opportunity to capitalize on the folks who want something quasi capable but more with just a rugged look. That's really what the turd burglars who buy new SUVs are after... a rugged look with a useful station wagon sized interior.

Anyways. http://www.associatednews.com/headli...and-specs/6637

This youtube has an interesting picture of just an F-150 front with a 90s style Bronco back end.

You little rebel, I like you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 31st, 2013, 02:18 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

That Video picture has been out for 18 months

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f5/ra...version-15069/

Personally, I dig this far more.

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/...aptor-suv.html

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old January 1st, 2014, 09:23 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreenspan View Post
I'm sure some of you guys have heard rumors and read articles about this. All the articles still have the old 2004ish Bronco concept vehicle shown as the pictures. The articles also say it would be built on the F-150. It would seem once again LR will be late to the game of putting another vehicle on the market that will be over priced after competitors have put nearly the same thing out for public consumption. I doubt they will ever be leading the way in the SUV market. It really seems like their lack of Defender replacement is a lost opportunity to capitalize on the folks who want something quasi capable but more with just a rugged look. That's really what the turd burglars who buy new SUVs are after... a rugged look with a useful station wagon sized interior. Anyways. http://www.associatednews.com/headli...and-specs/6637 This youtube has an interesting picture of just an F-150 front with a 90s style Bronco back end.
I agree. I've given up thinking the LR lineup will bring back masculine lines and functionality. They seem happy to leave that to the American truck makers. LR's marketing strategy seems to have gone bi. Their products appeal to both sides which I assume reduces the market risk. Seems the female buyer/partner/spouse has a hell if a lot more say in how the money is spent then maybe it used to. I've mentioned before in another post that I've ironically had three potential buyers get vetoed by their spouses in the 11th hour. I find it ironic but I'm sure this is more reality then I'd imagined.

Clay

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat