Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old July 1st, 2012, 10:17 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeWan View Post
I was 25 when I saw my first 90 and had the same reaction it was a 94 AA Yellow (at that time 1 year old) and I never forgot about them. It took me another 11 to end up buying one and wouldn't you know it was a 94 AA Yesllow and the truck still makes me smile. I mostly get folks yelling "nice truck" or rubbernecking. It seems I am always rubbernecking for another Defender on the road just so I can give a thumbs up.

On a side note I came up to a light a few months ago and there was a Mercedes Wagon (either E55 or E63) can't remember but it was the AMG version I read about in Car & Driver. That guy got a thumbs up from me. If I had to drive a wagon everyday that one would definitely not go anywhere near the "this sucks" factor. I could get used to driving a wagon that eats corvettes.
I test drove a e63 wagon a few months ago and it was insanely powerful, cool looking and had a thunderous exhaust but I can honestly say it is no family car. The suspension is so hard that for everyone except the driver it is a nausea ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 1st, 2012, 11:46 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
The best one I had was the first time I dropped my 4th grade daughter off at her new school. I had just got the lift and BFG's on it and all the 5th grade safety patrol boys were looking, pointing and gawking as we rolled by the car drop off lane. It was like a car commercial, except instead of a shiny new sports car it was my NATO green, ExMod 90.
Any way, I tell my daughter "hay babe all the boys are checking us out". She was looking straight ahead being all cool and then she just smiles and says "I know, and I love you dad" then she was out the door and gone. Now I got tears in my eyes and a little safety patrol boy looks in and says "Cool Jeep Mister!" Uggh.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 09:28 AM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
I own a Defender but I still rubberneck them any time I see them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 2nd, 2012, 09:44 AM
Akitatw4
Tom
1995/D90

Registry
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoronos View Post
Don't we all!
Old July 2nd, 2012, 11:56 AM
jjstahl3
Jay S
96 D1 TReK

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoronos View Post
Agreed!
Old July 2nd, 2012, 12:58 PM
triple9music
Chad Davis
1984 Defender 90

Registry
double agreed!

------ Follow up post added July 2nd, 2012 01:01 PM ------

2 times, I've had the person in front of me at a stop light get out and take a pic of my 90. gotta admit, felt really good.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 01:58 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronlam View Post
Ugh. LA is desensitized to just about everything. I was driving on Burton Way yesterday and pulled up behind a Lambo Aventador... Was like SWEET. Drove behind him for about 2miles and ANOTHER Lambo pulls up behind me. Of course, passed my slow ass and it was an Aventador too. Geez.

Weathers been nice and same day I saw two Audi R8's also... One was a spyder which was pretty sweet. Guess that's what I get for hanging out in Beverly Hills for the day. Didn't see another Defender though .

Aventador is pretty much my dream car at this point and the only car I really care about. I need to finish a few projects first and in 3-4 years, its Aventador time. Lamborghini says the Aventador will have a 10 year production. So by then it will still be cool.

Robert Deniro

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
rubber