rr classic owner question - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old March 4th, 2007, 10:13 AM
mattdh
Matt Hurst

rr classic owner question

can you fit a 4x8 sheet of plywood in the back? whats the measurements for inside wheel well to wheel well, then over the wheel wells side to side, and from front to back with the back seats down? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 4th, 2007, 11:07 AM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

I do not think you will be able to do that.

SWB or LWB? I have both sitting here and cam measure but I do not think it will fit.
Old March 4th, 2007, 11:41 AM
JackW
Jack Walter
1966 109 SW Diesel

You can slide a sheet in if you leave the upper tail gateup - fold down the back of the rear seat and the plywood will just slide in beside the spare tire - it will stick out over the lower tail gate about two feet (SWB) - you'll get lots of exhaust fumes in the truck and I think three sheets is about the max that will fit.

I bought a $300 utility trailer for this sort of thing - much safer and handier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 10th, 2007, 03:35 PM
mattdh
Matt Hurst

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_lucas
I do not think you will be able to do that.

SWB or LWB? I have both sitting here and cam measure but I do not think it will fit.
can you measure both? thanks!!
Old March 10th, 2007, 05:04 PM
JBurt
Jesse McCoy
'89 RRC SWB (needs work)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackW
You can slide a sheet in if you leave the upper tail gateup - fold down the back of the rear seat and the plywood will just slide in beside the spare tire - it will stick out over the lower tail gate about two feet (SWB) - you'll get lots of exhaust fumes in the truck and I think three sheets is about the max that will fit.

I bought a $300 utility trailer for this sort of thing - much safer and handier.
Where did you find said trailer for $300? I may want one.
Old March 10th, 2007, 07:24 PM
JackW
Jack Walter
1966 109 SW Diesel

Bought it used from a landscaper that was buying a bigger one. Look at the Equipment Trader - lots of utility trailers in there - new they are usually around $550 - used around $300-$400. Mine has a 5 x 8 bed but I think the ideal size for one would be around 4-1/2' x 9' - that way the wheels would track exactly behind the Rover and it would be easier to load sheet materials without pinching your fingers. I like them because the bed height is only 18" off the ground so it's easier to move heavy stuff.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
classic