Royal Mail slow from the UK - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old March 16th, 2011, 07:14 AM
kjva
Ken Jackson
1985 110 Wagon

Royal Mail slow from the UK

Just ordered a carb from Britcar in the UK and was told that Royal Mail was slow and could take up to one month. Others on the expat forum have confirmed this. If you are buying from the UK be sure to specify UPS, Fedex or an alternative.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 16th, 2011, 09:17 AM
airbornrover
William Skidmore
SIII 109 SW

If it is going by ship that would be the reason for being so slow and seems like more things are getting scanned/inspected at the incoming ports. Shipping companys found out that if they slowed down the ships that they would save xxx amount of fuel so now items are taking a day or more then they use to.
Old March 16th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

I don't think it's Royal Mail that is slow but USPS. I just received an order from Brit-car. According to the tracking it was handed over to USPS quite quickly who then held on to it for several weeks before deciding to deliver it.

Here's what Brit-car said:

"I think it is just USPS don’t like incoming mail, everywhere else in the world we send to is fine, USPS are happy to despatch parcels going abroad but when they are going into the states they are useless."
Advertisement

Old March 16th, 2011, 09:32 AM
geoellis
George
1995 D90 #2904 - BB

Royal Mail is indeed slow. I waited 2 months for a Royal Mail delivery, which was confirmed by the sender from the outset.
Old March 16th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Shipping time is the only downside of doing business with Duncan @ Brit-Car. Royal Mail sucked in the best of times.
I once had some one ship me a pair of rear speaker pods for a 110 station wagon in November. They showed up in April months after my paypal had been refunded. The only time Royal Mail has been fast was when Top Gear was racing them with the Panamera.
Shipping UPS is the only way to go.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old March 16th, 2011, 10:02 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

I didn't know you had a choice with Duncan. Everytime I order my stuff come super fast.
Old March 16th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

This is the first time I have ever had a delay with Royal Mail and Brit-Car. Every other previous order has only taken a couple of days door-to-door. In my experience I have had a lot more trouble, delays and lost items with USPS than I have with Royal Mail.

Like Ben said, they have no trouble with all the other world deliveries they ship.
Old March 16th, 2011, 10:20 AM
founD90
Dr. Gonzo
1994 D90 #48

I've had both experiences with Royal Mail. I ordered two fairly inexpensive items from Ebay UK. Both were sent Royal Mail within the same couple days. The first item came in less than a week, the second took almost 2 months.

Hit or miss I guess.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat