Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old May 17th, 2015, 09:26 PM
wmatos1001
William
1994 NAS Defender 90

Registry
Rovers North Soft Top & Exmoor Bench Seats

So with warm weather here this weekend, today I decided to put on my brand new RN soft top in black. I have to say this is one very nice quality top and I now believe every piece of advice I have heard about waiting for the top to heat up nicely in the sun before even attempting to fit it. It really matters and once it was good and warm things went into place nicely.

Only issue is looks like they sent me two drivers side windows, as the zipper direction/set up is wrong for the passenger side. So looking to have them send a correct one.

I really am impressed with the top and would highly recommend it. The fabric is really nice, looks great.

I also installed two Exmoor galvanized bench seats and seat belts on Saturday. It was not very complicated at all, but took a good part of the day as I was careful to measure quite a bit and was careful of the placement of the seat belts. The seat belts I purchased from AB came with captive nuts welded into decent sized metal plates (I would guess 3" x 3") that go on the wheel well under the tub and act as a very strong support. I placed some thin rubber slabs between the metal plates and the tub in case of weird metal & aluminum mixology/rust.

Very productive weekend and very happy with the results.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RN soft top.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	121022  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2015, 09:40 PM
LostChord
Brian
86 D110 SW

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmatos1001 View Post
I also installed two Exmoor galvanized bench seats and seat belts on Saturday. It was not very complicated at all, but took a good part of the day as I was careful to measure quite a bit and was careful of the placement of the seat belts. The seat belts I purchased from AB came with captive nuts welded into decent sized metal plates (I would guess 3" x 3") that go on the wheel well under the tub and act as a very strong support. I placed some thin rubber slabs between the metal plates and the tub in case of weird metal & aluminum mixology/rust.

Very productive weekend and very happy with the results.
Nicely done! Would love to see more pics of the benches and seat belt install.
Old May 18th, 2015, 08:14 PM
wmatos1001
William
1994 NAS Defender 90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostChord View Post
Nicely done! Would love to see more pics of the benches and seat belt install.
Thanks I will take some detailed photos of the bench seats and seat belt by the weekend!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
bench, exmoor, seats, soft top, top