Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old February 22nd, 2012, 10:05 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
RoverAccessories.com contact email?

I've tried emailing RoverAccessories.com a couple of times, but it keeps getting kicked back for a full mailbox. Anyone have alternate contact info or know what's up?

Yes, I know I should just call but I can never seem to pull my sh*t together during the day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your mail message to the following address(es) could not be delivered. This
is a permanent error. Please verify the addresses and try again. If you are
still having difficulty sending mail to these addresses, please contact
Customer Support at 480-624-2500.

<info@roveraccessories.com>:
child status 100...The e-mail message could not be delivered because the user's mailfolder is full.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 22nd, 2012, 10:10 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
I think they're out of business, or at least I'm spreading that rumor based on their inability to respond to my e-mails, phone calls, VMs, etc. in reference to products of theirs that are on my truck.

You're not the only one. I've left multiple e-mails and multiple voicemails and they have not responded.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 10:16 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Crikey! They had a grill I desperately need. Why is it the places with all the good stuff always go out of business?

How long have you tried to contact them? Weird that their website is still up.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 22nd, 2012, 10:40 PM
airbornrover
William Skidmore
SIII 109 SW

This has been going on for years.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 01:09 AM
NomaD110
Christian
1993 Defender 110

Registry
I have heard the same about Rover Accessories...sad. I really liked that company and really enjoyed Charles' insight when I had my D2. He would send me these GPS points to some of the craziest Sierra fly fishing locations on the planet and they were some of the best camping/fishing trips I've ever been on.

Call these guys. I think they bought all of the RoverAccessories inventory or so I heard. Really good guys behind this place.

http://british4x4centre.com/
Old February 23rd, 2012, 07:29 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomaD110 View Post
I have heard the same about Rover Accessories...sad. I really liked that company and really enjoyed Charles' insight when I had my D2. He would send me these GPS points to some of the craziest Sierra fly fishing locations on the planet and they were some of the best camping/fishing trips I've ever been on.

Call these guys. I think they bought all of the RoverAccessories inventory or so I heard. Really good guys behind this place.

http://british4x4centre.com/
So you seemed pretty plugged in to those guys...any idea what happened?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old February 23rd, 2012, 09:12 AM
NomaD110
Christian
1993 Defender 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
So you seemed pretty plugged in to those guys...any idea what happened?
No not really. I know Charles picked up and moved the business to Austin Texas. I'm not sure what happened after that. You know he built that awesome "Fly Fisher" double cab 110 and those 6-7 drive around the world Discoveries. He was really into some neat stuff.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 09:39 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
I e-mailed the PO of my truck to see if he's heard anything about RA, because from the receipts I have he spent around $40k or so in service and accessories installation at RA when he lived in CA.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 09:41 AM
NomaD110
Christian
1993 Defender 110

Registry
Must be an awesome truck. Gives those guys at British 4x4 a call in San Antonio. They should know more as to what happened. Brett is the owner and like a said a good man.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 09:56 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
I ended up finding what I needed in another folio, but I was basically looking for the owner's manuals to the RA aux fuel system and some other things. They did make some great products though, so it is a shame!
Old February 23rd, 2012, 12:47 PM
KKilo23
Kenny
NAS SW l NAS ST l 110 SW | 110 Crew

Registry
FWIW I have ordered from British4x4center with no issues. Fast shipping as well.
Old February 27th, 2012, 09:57 PM
slangel
Staci V
2000 DII. Death by fallen tree

Ummmmm yeah, Charles moved things here, then hauled ass with a couple of our friends' money they invested with him. He left behind all the inventory, which we promptly sifted through and it was all sold off the last couple years.
Old February 27th, 2012, 10:09 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by slangel View Post
Ummmmm yeah, Charles moved things here, then hauled ass with a couple of our friends' money they invested with him. He left behind all the inventory, which we promptly sifted through and it was all sold off the last couple years.
Damn, sorry to hear that. Not sure what the F is wrong with some people.

Are you affiliated with http://british4x4centre.com?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old February 28th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Gunmaker
Michael Ullman
1995 D90 SW #270

Registry
I'm not affiliated with British 4x4 center, but I am a customer. They are only 20 or so miles away. They have been nothing but helpful to me and my son, and have done numerous things to help us out and keep our vehicle's running. I can't say enough good things about them. Brett is an amazing mechanic and his son lives here in town so I get parts delivered and he has even given me rides back and forth to the shop to pick up or drop off a truck.

I don't spend a lot of money with them but they treat me and my son like we are million dollar clients.
Old August 1st, 2012, 09:53 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by slangel View Post
So I guess Jackson Jonson bought Rover Accessories? There's a truck on eBay that is equipped basically the same as mine (mine was also equipped by RA) with 100k miles that they're trying to get $50k for with no full cage and barely a description as to what bumpers it has, etc. Yikes. I can't figure out how they spent $80k on those accessories.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_812wt_1125

Acquisition statement:

http://www.faro.com/content.aspx?ct=...tem=4339&tab=3

"Problem

Jackson Jonson recently acquired Rover Accessories and Air Force One Performance Industries, two automotive accessory manufacturing companies with individual lines of high quality products. As a growing company with a focus on providing clients with the best products and designs possible, the company knew they needed to equip themselves with the latest hardware and software. They wanted a CMM solution that would ensure that product quality was up to par with their new acquisitions, as well as provide them with a flexible, easy-to-use solution for reverse engineering and modeling of existing parts."

EDIT: We were contacted by Jackson Jonson Enterprise who asked us to inform those reading this post that their deal to purchase Rover Accessories was not able to move forward.
Old August 1st, 2012, 09:56 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
There's a truck on eBay that is equipped basically the same as mine (mine was also equipped by RA) with 100k miles that they're trying to get $50k for with no full cage and barely a description as to what bumpers it has, etc. Yikes.
May be time to put your rig up for sale at that price!
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old August 1st, 2012, 10:00 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Sadly, my truck has still not sold, but it is a BARGAIN if you look at that eBay ad. If he has $80k invested, then I easily have $90k invested in mine and I can tell you the name(s) of everything installed on it.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=30643

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ac