Rover Pack'n - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old February 20th, 2010, 08:56 PM
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE
Well I wouldn't expectr any other argument from you Counselor *LOL*

Well at that time and with my lovely , sexy, accent, I thought, let the man win.

Also CT laws are brutal.

Maybe next time I get in trouble, I'll put you on speaker phone *LOFL*

1988 110 Tdi
1987 110 2.5 N/A
2006 D3 HSE7
Old February 21st, 2010, 12:31 AM
I have never seen a rover in person
BTW, I have friends do that.

"Officer, my lawyer is on speaker. Please address your questions to him."

*not legal advice*
Old February 21st, 2010, 02:46 AM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
Oh don't thank me, thank someone like Wolf that actually served. My service was as a poser at best. I was assigned to the old guard so I supported a bunch of pretty boys and never saw any action despite being in the army during the first Saudi war, Panama, and some other conflict I don't even recall.
Nothing shameful about the Old Guard at all. That's a whole different kind of suck, I'm sure. There was a guy in my Officer Basic Course that came from there. He was an interesting character, although wound a little tightly.

I know what you mean about losing interest in guns. Spending weeks out on a range at Fort Sill in July, baking alive in body armor and ACH, standing in line for three hours waiting my turn to qualify...
Old February 21st, 2010, 12:38 PM
1983 110, 1985 110, 1993 110...
I think it all boils down to your either a gun guy or your not. Your time in will do little to reinforce the enjoyment of shooting. For me, Marine Corps Qualifications year after year were something to be endured. Crawling out of bed at "O Dark Thirty" to go lay in dark, aimed in on your target till there was just enough light to pop rounds down range was not my idea of a good time. Even Inter-murals and Division matches were only slightly better. Leave it to "The Suck" to take something fun and turn it into a PITA. Pistol Qual was even worse... Don't get me started.

In my off time I competed in USPSA shooting (IPSC) which was MUCH more rewarding AND instructional than ANYTHING I ever got while on active duty.

My former roommate is a gun nut extraordinaire. He owns some amazing stuff. SBRed and Suppressed H&K94s (MP5ish things), an H&K 416 upper (that he sold at a tidy profit), Surgeon Actioned custom 338s, an EDM 408, Barret .50s, a REAL Knights MK11 MOD O with the suppressor, the list goes on and on. Some of the really high end stuff.

He has more tied up in guns than I do in Rovers. Anyway he got out and became a Federal agent. His particular branch gets more training than any other federal agency out there. I would bet in training they routinely put 5,000 (Or more) rounds down range per agent, per year in training. He still shoots on the weekends. So if ya like to shoot it is has been my experience that shooting in the Military is a different animal.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat