Old February 15th, 2010, 12:28 AM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Actually I have a CCW from the State of Virginia and I don't live there

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnthng View Post
Its illegal to carry any weapon in places like Virginia, New York, oh! and defintly watch your step up and down the New Jersey Turnpike, Jersey troopers have a taste for tags from the southern states especially... bieng that it is a main corridor for drugs and guns!
Old February 15th, 2010, 07:11 AM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
State of Virginia

Commonwealth, not a state.

------ Follow up post added February 15th, 2010 07:21 AM ------

Charles, try humping an M16 fitted with an M203 Grenade Launcher. That thing is killer. Not the weight so much as having to clean it. Our Armory Sergeant was a real dick. I got out of the regular duties thing as soon as I could and got a job with Headquarters Company. Still had to qualify with the 203 tho. Always fired expert in both. Since then guns have been somewhat uninteresting.

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 15th, 2010, 08:49 AM
stu454
Stu
2007 LR3

I enjoy piddling with guns; I enjoy the idea of not being at the mercy of some dirtbag more.
Old February 15th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Eric N
Eric N
98 Disco

Quote:
Its illegal to carry any weapon in places like Virginia, New York, oh! and defintly watch your step up and down the New Jersey Turnpike, Jersey troopers have a taste for tags from the southern states especially... bieng that it is a main corridor for drugs and guns!

I think that you meant Washington D.C. instead of Virginia. Virginia is an "open carry" state and you only need a CCW permit if you want to carry your gun hidden. Other then that you can carry your gun out in the open in plain view all day long with a few exceptions like schools, court houses, and a couple other places.
Old February 15th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by o2batsea View Post

Charles, try humping an M16 fitted with an M203 Grenade Launcher. That thing is killer. Not the weight so much as having to clean it. Our Armory Sergeant was a real dick. I got out of the regular duties thing as soon as I could and got a job with Headquarters Company. Still had to qualify with the 203 tho. Always fired expert in both. Since then guns have been somewhat uninteresting.
You are all pussies. When I was an enlisted Marine I was an 0331 Machine Gunner. I carried an M240G and the occasional M2, up and down the rolling hills of Camp Pendleton, CA. Try cleaning those pigs after a long day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old February 15th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Rugbier
Gustavo

Registry
I only carry Cappucino's up and down the Golan Heights, am I still aloowed in the " Inner Circle of Trust "
Old February 15th, 2010, 12:26 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

New York depends a lot on the county. Out where I am from originally, you can get a permit easily, of course, no out of state permits from New York so I am SOL when I travel to (but not through--see FOPA) the state.

Ron
Old February 15th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
I only carry Cappucino's up and down the Golan Heights, am I still aloowed in the " Inner Circle of Trust "
If it was beer, maybe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old February 15th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Burke
Burke Bell
'94 NAS D90 #158

Registry
CVC, how do you like the Judge? Probably my next gun. I love the idea of firing a shotgun shell from a pistol with a 2" barrell Silly I know, but I deal with some nasty critters at work sometimes. I currently carry a Ruger LCR 38 usually, but I always have my little NAA 22 mini with folding grip. I clip it to my pocket like a knife. I lean towards revolvers alot. Old design, but dependable. hey, like a Defender....
Here is the cool little NAA
http://img706.imageshack.us/i/naa22.jpg/
http://img705.imageshack.us/i/naa222.jpg/
Old February 15th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

To those that have served yes thank you for your service. Myself I have a steel box thats cable locked to the rear cage. CA laws says you can't have a locked container bolted to the car (hence why its cable locked) Also while in there you can't have a loaded mag inside the magwell but you can have loaded mags inside the box right next to your semiauto. For those that care, I carry a HK USP .45 with a UTL flashlight and 2 Pro-mag 20 rounders with the mag springs stretched out for reliability. lol Don't use promags if your life depends on it, only factory.

Robert Deniro
Old February 15th, 2010, 08:55 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke View Post
CVC, how do you like the Judge? Probably my next gun. I love the idea of firing a shotgun shell from a pistol with a 2" barrell
Its a bad ass little gun for what it is. Thats the exact reason I traded for it. Do a lot of wheeling in areas with tasty rattlesnakes so its a perfect to have on hand.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old February 17th, 2010, 09:57 AM
grnthng
Luis A. Costa
'93 Range Rover County LWB

Right! Commonwealth, sorry my bad! I guess I,m wrong..... I could swear, when i used to truck through Virgina that I saw signs along the interstates saying it was illegel to carry!
Old February 17th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Davis
Chris Davis
94 NAS D90 6.2LS

Sig P229 40cal is mine. I used to have a P228 9mm, which actually fit my hand and shooting style better but I got caught up in the 40 craze when it came out. My wife doesn't like guns so when we met I sold off mine like a dumbass--I really miss my SW 29 w/8" barrel and scope--that was sweet! Also miss my 626 6". Oh well. HK/Glock/Sig are definitely my fav's.
Old February 17th, 2010, 10:45 AM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
You are all pussies. When I was an enlisted Marine I was an 0331 Machine Gunner. I carried an M240G and the occasional M2, up and down the rolling hills of Camp Pendleton, CA. Try cleaning those pigs after a long day.

Guilty. My main interest during my military service was to attempt to consume all the beer in Germany, an endeavor I must say I was quite successful at. I did get a few chances to fire M60s. Plenty fun, but as you say a royal PITA to clean. Still like the Browning 50 Cal as my fave shoot 'em up toy. Love the sound of the rounds smacking into stuff downrange. hand guns have zero allure for me; too fussy and small.

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Old February 18th, 2010, 12:53 AM
Davis
Chris Davis
94 NAS D90 6.2LS

Cleaning M60's. Ohhhh, wannnnnnnah! Seriously, I cleaned four, YES 4 old grundgy rocker covers in one sitting. Had to scrape crap off with a razor blade. Don't give us this "ohhhh, wannnah, I had to CLEAN really cool fucking guns, crap. That is like saying how you were screwed for the 4th of July and had to light all the fireworks....
Old February 20th, 2010, 02:52 PM
IPSC_GUY
Peter/Lesbo
1983 110, 1985 110, 1993 110...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
Ain't that the truth. The 240G while a great improvement over the M60 is a PIG ! ! ! The M-2 is just mind bogglingly heavy as just pieces. Worst I ever packed was a SAW and that was no fun. I saw the cute little Para SAW with it's shaort assed barrel and collapsible stock years later and thought "why didn't we do that from the get go ? ? ?"

Yep scrubbing weapons at the end of the day before you can secure is worst. Your Tired, Hungry, and Cleaning is the last thing you want to do.

I am working around to get my Utah carry permit even though I don't live there. Utah has reciprocal agreement with a GREAT number o states.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA
Old February 20th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Cory
Shane
D90SW 1997

Charles, I was your neighbor over at Henderson Hall. It's a different experience for those who landed in a "special" duty station like that. The only conflict I saw was the Political Correctness wars under Clinton.
Old February 20th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo

Registry
Actually it is illegal to CARRY A RADAR DETECTOR *LOL*

to make a story short , many many years ago, I was pulled over in God's Country VA, the officer asked me for the radar detector, told me the fines and legal reprecaution, and while holding it said " You look like a nice young man, I will cut you a break " I figured, I am off the hook... NO WAY, he placed the Detector in front of my Driver's front tire and said " Young Man, you can drive now and we forget this incident, or you can have it back and I start writting all the citations ", while the noice of the plastic crunching and breaking , I swore to never go back to VA

Quote:
Right! Commonwealth, sorry my bad! I guess I,m wrong..... I could swear, when i used to truck through Virgina that I saw signs along the interstates saying it was illegel to carry!
Old February 20th, 2010, 08:40 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

I tossed my radar detector into the back of the truck in VA when I got pulled over in college and told the officer "what radar detector" and if he thought he wanted to search my truck (brand new black suburban with NY plates) that he would have to get a warrant or do so without one, but also my consent and I would expect that my father would be upset by the situtation. He let me go without searching (i had a black little notebook I carried to swap out and set on the dash). I was 19 and had 12 handles of booze in the back too.

BTW the VA and DC radar detector law is unconstitutional. Look at the bands covered by the FCC and preemption.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ac