Rover bust in NC??? - Page 24 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old April 17th, 2014, 05:23 PM
1985 110 3-door
To the fine gentlemen of this community,

Reading through this thread, especially the past day or two, I nearly got choked up from all the discussion about helping me get my truck back or build a new one. Ive said it before, but it really cannot be overstated how amazing the members of this community are. As generous and kind as it would be to donate parts toward a build, I dont think I could accept it. I still have hope that my truck will make its way back to me, but if not, there will be options to set things right. There will be responsible parties, and I definitely wont be one of them.

With all the difficulties I have been through in recent years, I believe the best medicine (and education) for me would be to see this through to the end and put in the work to get back to where I need to be, even if that means losing my truck along the way. Not having my 110 right now is only a small piece of my life that has caused me grief. My priority since coming home from Iraq in October has been to focus on my career among other personal matters. This bail bondsman opportunity that fell into my lap last month has picked my spirits up, and I think I will enjoy it. I took the licensing course, and, as of today actually, I am a fully licensed VA bondsman. The progress feels good.

However, because of this new job I have started, I cant make it to Happy Hour tonight. The rookie gets the night shift. Oh well. Drink one for me, boys.

Again, I cannot thank you guys enough for the generosity you have showed. Hopefully, making it to an event in my truck one day and buying you all a round will be a start.

1985 Land Rover 110 3-door ST
Old April 17th, 2014, 05:30 PM
Abraham Bell
1985 Defender 110 Tithonus
D-90 Source Vendor
This statement from you shows the type of person you are. It just makes me want to do more towards you getting an other truck. My hat is off to you Sir.

Old April 17th, 2014, 07:42 PM
Matthew Greenspan
Land Rovers
Originally Posted by crown14 View Post
It is pretty sad that the person who was responsible for the vehicle at the time it was seized has not stepped up and made this right.
Originally Posted by Viggen View Post
I was not going to say it but the person who is responsible for having the vehicle seized as a result of their business practices is still an active member. Not too sure what it takes to get banned.
Surprising isn't it?
Old April 17th, 2014, 08:24 PM
Bill Ski
83 110 "Frankenstein"
You think there would be enough parts laying around at that shop to build a couple dozen Defenders

"If you can't stand behind our Soldiers, than by all means feel free to stand in front of them"

Unknown Author 716-898-8153

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat