Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old April 10th, 2014, 11:22 AM
85Red110
Kent
1985 110 3-door

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viggen View Post
I was not going to bring it up but I was thinking something similar. What about actions against the importer/ site where the truck was when taken?

Red110, you list Va as location (but, I am guessing stationed in NC?). Have you tried with someone like Connolly or Moran? They have been there long enough to carry a little more weight and the likelihood of assistance is probably better, I would think.
Ok here it goes.... Just to clear a few things up for you guys who are interested: Im in VA because I stupidly got out of the Army, couldnt find a job, my marriage imploded as a result, had to rent out my house in Wilmington and move back home with mom and dad (very embarrassing to admit all this on a public forum, btw), and now Im trying to start my life all over again.

Needless to say, concentrating on my truck situation and throwing (nonexistent) money at the problem has not been very close to the top of my list of priorities.

Jeezus, I need a beer.
Advertisement

Old April 10th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Kent, if I were you I'd follow Jarrod's guidance and at least ping Moran's office. He's your rep, and while he isn't seeking reelection, he does carry weight and often acts proactively on behalf of constituents.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old April 10th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Viggen
Jarrod
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrooks View Post
Kent, if I were you I'd follow Jarrod's guidance and at least ping Moran's office. He's your rep, and while he isn't seeking reelection, he does carry weight and often acts proactively on behalf of constituents.
Moran has been there forever so you would have a better chance with him (although, he might complain about being underpaid).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 10th, 2014, 01:11 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Kent: Sorry to hear of the predicament. Let's see if we can get you a job. PM me will ya - your email address.
Old April 10th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Holiday
Ross Simpson
1995 D90 ST/2006 D3 HSE7

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
Kent: Sorry to hear of the predicament. Let's see if we can get you a job. PM me will ya - your email address.
You're the man, Jonesy.
Old April 10th, 2014, 01:40 PM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

Excellent !!!!

Here is a guy I would like to offer a favor to anytime he sees fit. Way to see through the muck and offer Kent some help !!!!

But I think Kent is overseas right now ?

Quote:

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Old April 10th, 2014, 01:41 PM
hillstrubl
Danny
2005 Disco 3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
You're the man, Jonesy.
x2. Its worked before!
Old April 10th, 2014, 01:43 PM
101stAirborne
Battle Ewing
1997 D90 LE 255/300

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85Red110 View Post
Ok here it goes.... Just to clear a few things up for you guys who are interested: Im in VA because I stupidly got out of the Army, couldnt find a job, my marriage imploded as a result, had to rent out my house in Wilmington and move back home with mom and dad (very embarrassing to admit all this on a public forum, btw), and now Im trying to start my life all over again.

Needless to say, concentrating on my truck situation and throwing (nonexistent) money at the problem has not been very close to the top of my list of priorities.

Jeezus, I need a beer.
I recently got out of the Army as well. My old Platoon Sergeant from my LT days also got out after 13 years. He was more pushed out due to recent downsizing.

Anyway, I feel your pain. It's hard leaving the military where you know what you're supposed to do at all times. Life on post is strict and everyone follows the rules. It's safety in structure. I have explored all of my options and it's difficult to transfer Infantry and Cavalry skills into normal day to day careers. At the same time, us combat arms guys don't want to go into a suit and tie job. We are outdoors people.

My best recommendation would be to use your GI Bill and go to school! I was going to go that route, but my current situation/location prevents me from going to grad school.

Last thought on this ramble: Post your military experience, civilian experience, and education on here. It will help with the word of mouth that this forum will push along.

Good Luck and I hope your truck gets out of jail soon!
Old April 10th, 2014, 03:55 PM
85Red110
Kent
1985 110 3-door

Registry
Got home from Iraq at the end of September, started training to be a bail bondsman up here in NOVA a few weeks ago. It was the first opportunity to emerge, despite being completely unrelated to my field of expertise (SatCom), so I jumped at it.

Ill send a copy of the letter I wrote to McIntyre over to Moran's office and see what happens.

I appreciate all the advice Ive received here. The brotherhood within this community never ceases to amaze me.
Old April 10th, 2014, 05:16 PM
Azarur
AZ
LR 1984 110

Red
PM me a copy of the letter as well. Because of work, I have a small "platoon" (pun intended) of lawyers in DC who push paper all day long. Not exactly proud of them, but might as well use them for something useful, don't you think?!
Old April 12th, 2014, 10:58 PM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
1984 D90 300 Tdi / 1965 Series IIA
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85Red110 View Post
Got home from Iraq at the end of September, started training to be a bail bondsman up here in NOVA a few weeks ago. It was the first opportunity to emerge, despite being completely unrelated to my field of expertise (SatCom), so I jumped at it.

Ill send a copy of the letter I wrote to McIntyre over to Moran's office and see what happens.

I appreciate all the advice Ive received here. The brotherhood within this community never ceases to amaze me.
SATCOM experience? We talking UHF or SHF/EHF? Your SSBI still current?

Old April 13th, 2014, 10:45 PM
werewolf
bill cox
1985 110 defender

You will need a real PRO attorney .. to get any of these land rovers released from CBP.. call me and I will give name of attorney in Miami who was the ADA under JANET RENO.. bob is the BEST of the best.. I know first hand.. later bc ps.. bob is NOT cheap..
Old April 16th, 2014, 11:40 PM
werewolf
bill cox
1985 110 defender

you guys must be pissing someone off at CBP and DMV lic and theft.. I imported 4 Land rovers 3 -110 .one 109 yesterday. and they have cleared Customs in 24 hours. and will have NC title in ONE day now.. even with the red V5c UK title.. later bc
Old April 16th, 2014, 11:43 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Troll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
you guys must be pissing someone off at CBP and DMV lic and theft.. I imported 4 Land rovers 3 -110 .one 109 yesterday. and they have cleared Customs in 24 hours. and will have NC title in ONE day now.. even with the red V5c UK title.. later bc
Old April 16th, 2014, 11:58 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by manimal View Post
troll.
rofl

Semper Fi!
Old April 17th, 2014, 06:37 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
What a prick.
Old April 17th, 2014, 07:08 AM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
Moderators, why is this turd still here? Are you waiting for him to cause further harm to good members and make more threats?
Old April 17th, 2014, 07:57 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymow View Post
Moderators, why is this turd still here? Are you waiting for him to cause further harm to good members and make more threats?
The best practice is to report anything that is deemed offensive.
Old April 17th, 2014, 08:02 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymow View Post
Better he leave a trail here that turns potential buyers away from his vehicles, for what it's worth
Old April 17th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I briefly googled the man when he called the state of Virginia and lied to them trying to make waves for me, ie the stuff civil suits are born from.

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com...omini-com.html

http://www.mgexp.com/phorum/read.php?1,1314282,page=2

In the end I decided not to file suit against a pizza delivery man.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat