Rollin - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old August 14th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Rollin

Found this on another Forum. It was posted by the guy winching the 90 back up, he said they were at cadillac hill and the D-90 and Disco were from Martinez, CA. Anyone here know anything?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	roll 1a.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	1271   Click image for larger version

Name:	roll 2a.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	1272  

Click image for larger version

Name:	roll 3a.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1273   Click image for larger version

Name:	roll 4a.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	1274  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 14th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

If he had some more sh*t strapped to his roof that never would have happened.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old August 15th, 2004, 12:19 AM
PT94D90
Phil
Currently Defenderless

He probably had one too many cans of chili strapped on that truck, eh Dave?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 15th, 2004, 11:46 AM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

It's very hard to tell how he flipped it... What was he doing??? This truck looks so familiar to me, I can't find it on ebay, but wasn't this same truck advertising that 4" lift kit on ebay?

There is one thing I don't get, why would someone strap so much crap on the top of a SWB truck??? What, been watching too much camel trophy videos

If you wanna do that get yourself a Discovery, strap all kind of junk on top and drive it fast in the desert. Just like the "other" people I've seen on some other websites
Old August 16th, 2004, 01:02 PM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Quote:
He probably had one too many cans of chili strapped on that truck
Moreover, he could have strapped a few more fuel cans to his rack.... what a great idea.

I think the beer in the cooler must have shifted when the ice melted, causing an instantaneous flop.

If more salami slices of lift were added to the front, he could have avoided this mess.

I can only imagine how badly that fiberglass top cracked.
Old August 16th, 2004, 01:20 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Actually in the other thread I think they said the rack took the brunt of the roll and saved the top. What has me wondering is why it is necessary for a second spare on the roof? The guy said that the D-90 was going out to help the Disco ahead of it on the trail, he said there was damage to the suspension of the disco. So my thought is they went out with enough gear and food to camp out on the trail for both vehicles, as the first may not of had any camping gear + all the tools and parts to fix the Disco.

Things they did wrong, traveling by yourself on the trail, both of them, the Disco on it's own, then the 90 on it's own to go rescue the Disco, if the other guys were not around to winch them back up then there would have been a third party to rescue the rescue party. And the 90 would have been able to spread some of the extra stuff to another vehicle rather then stick it all on the rack.
Old August 16th, 2004, 01:27 PM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
How much sideways slipping did it take before the tires dug in on the pull back up? That's the real question. Just taking a look at his positioning when he went over. It looks like he was playing around. Took a high line on the side slope to scare his passenger, and didn't realize how much his COG had changed. Flop.
Old August 16th, 2004, 01:47 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hippert
the D-90 was going out to help the Disco ahead of it on the trail, he said there was damage to the suspension of the disco. So my thought is they went out with enough gear and food to camp out on the trail for both vehicles, as the first may not of had any camping gear + all the tools and parts to fix the Disco.

Hmmm very intersting point. Didn't think of that. However, that is still to much stuff on a top of a truck that has 4" of lift on stock off set wheels
Old August 16th, 2004, 03:14 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Dave I agree, it looks like they were playing around a bit, I don't think there was too much tire skidding to get it back if you look at the rock by his driver side rear tire it did not move much from the fully flopped pic from the front to the 1/2 up pic from the front.

True Yousef, to much stuff on the top for me to drive comfortably on the trail, but what else choice do you have when your buddy calls you and says hey I'm stuck out on the trail, and gives you a long list of things he needs to fix it. I'm not defending the guy, just trying to look at things from another perspective.

But if it were me, I would be calling all my other buddies so we can all go out on the trail and make fun of his stuck on the trail broke truck. Of course when I'm stuck I tell as few people a possible. That way there are less pictures to get passed around, did I ever tell you I got stuck in the woods and a Jeep Cherokee pulled me out, oh thatís right thereís no pictures of it! So it must not have happened.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat