Burbon

Road Rage + Karma = Entertainment

This is awesome

Old March 27th, 2014, 12:53 PM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
what did the cameraperson do? hit and run? something dangerous like a "brake check"? cut the truck off? I find it interesting that we sometimes identify with someone for no apparent reason other than schadenfreude.
Old March 27th, 2014, 12:55 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoronos View Post
what did the cameraperson do? hit and run? something dangerous like a "brake check"? cut the truck off?

From the articles I have read the ass passed her on the right and then pulled in front of her and lost control (it was raining). She never contacted him or brake checked, etc.

Old March 27th, 2014, 01:00 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Judging by the truck driver the person video taping was traveling in the passing lane often referred to as 'the fast lane' by ignorant American motorists. The truck driver was attempting to overtake this individual who did not move over and the noticed he was being filmed as he was forced to overtake on the right.

His instinct to slow down and flip off this motorist is his fault. The person filming should have moved to the traveling lane when the opportunity presented itself.

Still hilarious though
Old March 27th, 2014, 01:06 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
What about her driving and taping the incident...

That's as stupid as the flipping the bird moron driving the PU. She just got lucky.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old March 27th, 2014, 01:20 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
She was being rude, and he got pissed. They are both idiots.

-Jeff

I would agree. She took her sweet time passing that truck and probably did a little boxing in. His shit eating grin was quickly erased.
Old March 27th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfslaughter View Post
I would agree. She took her sweet time passing that truck and probably did a little boxing in. His shit eating grin was quickly erased.
Agreed.
She was typical passive-aggressive refusing to yeild in the passing lane.
He lost any credibility in my eyes when he became aggressive, then flipped her off.

Only better outcome is if they both crashed.....then had a slap fight on the side of the road......and were both arrested for public disturbance

What is it with people who believe its their right to maintain 60-65mph in the passing lane? Try that in Germany!!!!!
Old March 27th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtomchik View Post
Judging by the truck driver the person video taping was traveling in the passing lane often referred to as 'the fast lane' by ignorant American motorists. The truck driver was attempting to overtake this individual who did not move over and the noticed he was being filmed as he was forced to overtake on the right.

His instinct to slow down and flip off this motorist is his fault. The person filming should have moved to the traveling lane when the opportunity presented itself.

Still hilarious though
Isn't passing on the right/or curb lane undertaking ?

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old March 27th, 2014, 03:40 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
Try that in Germany!!!!!
Or Spain

Old March 27th, 2014, 03:56 PM
airbornrover
William Skidmore
SIII 109 SW

Run into people like that all the time here in jersey. I use the headlight flipping method to indicate that they need to move over.
Old March 27th, 2014, 05:07 PM
Paul K
Paul Kennington
'85 Ninety V8 SW

Registry
Here in Oregon, you can pass on the right if the person does not yield.

Pickup driver should have done that & been on his way.
Old March 27th, 2014, 05:10 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornrover View Post
Run into people like that all the time here in jersey. I use the headlight flipping method to indicate that they need to move over.
I am always surprised how often that DOESN'T work on people.

I hate undertaking
Old March 27th, 2014, 06:11 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Like others have said both are f&&king morons but I think the person doing the video is the worst - seriously- they are filming backwards while driving at 60 while in the passing lane? Not surprised her screen name is FloridaDriver. If the person is on your tall and going faster just let them go by and have them run "radar".

I should have undertook a driver going thru CT a couple years ago. Person was driving left lane and wouldn't pull over. I also noticed they were driving a little squirrelly/timidly which isn't good on the Merrit. Well - someone a bunch of cars up from them started braking and it was a chain reaction down the line and these guys locked them up instead of just keeping a safe distance from the car ahead of them. I end up popping them in the rear - pissed but it could have been a lot worse. When we stopped they had about 4 car lengths in front of them while the other cars stopped were less than 1. I knew I should have just passed them and put them in my rearview.
Old March 27th, 2014, 06:36 PM
Stormer
JP
2008 RRSC

Registry
This had a real shot at a two for the price of one Darwin Award. Neither driver doing what they should be doing which is paying attention to the road rather than act like a couple asshats.
Old March 27th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
Like others have said both are f&&king morons but I think the person doing the video is the worst - seriously- they are filming backwards while driving at 60 while in the passing lane? Not surprised her screen name is FloridaDriver. If the person is on your tall and going faster just let them go by and have them run "radar".

I should have undertook a driver going thru CT a couple years ago. Person was driving left lane and wouldn't pull over. I also noticed they were driving a little squirrelly/timidly which isn't good on the Merrit. Well - someone a bunch of cars up from them started braking and it was a chain reaction down the line and these guys locked them up instead of just keeping a safe distance from the car ahead of them. I end up popping them in the rear - pissed but it could have been a lot worse. When we stopped they had about 4 car lengths in front of them while the other cars stopped were less than 1. I knew I should have just passed them and put them in my rearview.
I had the same experience on a Harley. Was able to walk back to the bike after sliding down the road god knows how far , pick up the 700 lb fatboy (being pissed and the adrenalin of an accident is an amazing combination) and rode it home.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old March 27th, 2014, 09:08 PM
airbornrover
William Skidmore
SIII 109 SW

Sometimes there are those that have no clue what it means or dont give a sh@t cause they think that they are in the right for what ever reason. Its really really, really bad when Im flashing my headlights and im in the 109. I mean you have to, have to know you are in the wrong if I am bearing down on you in that truck. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtomchik View Post
I am always surprised how often that DOESN'T work on people.

I hate undertaking
Old March 27th, 2014, 10:11 PM
discotdi
Todd Miller
Land Rover

Seriously get out of the left lane for faster traffic to move on. Left lane drivers really suck. She caused that accident 100%.
Old March 27th, 2014, 11:03 PM
geoellis
George
1995 D90 #2904 - BB

Driving habits are getting worse by the year. Left lane cruising is an epidemic. I notice more people who, when getting on a highway, immediately move to the left lane and just park it there at 60 mph. It's often that I just travel in the right hand lanes and move a lot faster.
Old March 27th, 2014, 11:38 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Driver was going 60. Speed limit was probably 70 mph. Idiot. No wonder comments were disabled for the video on YouTube.
Old March 28th, 2014, 12:13 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoellis View Post
Driving habits are getting worse by the year. Left lane cruising is an epidemic. I notice more people who, when getting on a highway, immediately move to the left lane and just park it there at 60 mph. It's often that I just travel in the right hand lanes and move a lot faster.
So basically you do what you're supposed to TRAVEL in the TRAVELING lane hahaha.

I can't tell you how often I burn by someone traveling in the passing lane and then they get on my ass because I'm the driver who was traveling in the travel lane. I actually think it's a lapse in driver education. I mean until I traveled abroad I presumed that the left lane was 'the fast lane' and you were supposed to use it when you were going over the posted speed limit (10, even 5 mph over).

Once you see Europeans driving on the freeway you have serious envy, everyone passes and moves back to the right (or left). Everyone except women on cell phones driving oversized SUVs, that's universal...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat