D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
RHD Article

Scott Brady emailed me this link the other day

http://expeditionportal.com/right-ha...-land-cruiser/

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 9th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
And you get a thumbs up for Defenders - nice!
Old October 9th, 2014, 09:10 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
And you get a thumbs up for Defenders - nice!
You were the poster child for "Doug how much to convert my 110 to lhd" and now look @ you.
You are totally cool with rhd. Lav was the same way, wanted to convert his 130 before shipping it and I strongly advised against it. Now he's happy with it as is.

Dividing Creek Imports

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 9th, 2014, 09:26 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
I want a Mega Cruiser.
Old October 9th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Yeah - I know....I tell everyone! Plus you saved me $6K or so!!!!
Old October 9th, 2014, 09:29 AM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
I see no reason at all to convert mine to LHD.......ever.

The way I see it, if you aren't a good enough driver to adapt to RHD, then maybe a Defender is not the right choice for you. There was a little bit of a blind spot merging onto the highway when I had van sides back in the day, but that's the only drawback.

One thing I've noticed (and I think this may deserve its own thread or even a poll), is the phenomena where nobody cuts you off in traffic (or fewer people cut you off). I'm convinced this is because when somebody is about to cut you off or be aggressive, they look out of the corner of their eye to see if the other driver is paying attention. this happens very subtly and within seconds. When they look quickly at what they think is the driver seat (LH), they see nothing and probably balk on whatever douchebag maneuver they were planning out of sheer confusion.

THen again, maybe it's the 5,000lbs of rollcage that persuades them to behave.

I wonder how many LHD, or NAS Defender owners see this, or is it just RHD? I wonder. Is it the Defender that makes people think twice?, or the lack of a person/driver/steering wheel in the left hand seat?

Whatever the case, I find that this is another benefit of having RHD.
Old October 9th, 2014, 09:42 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
I see no reason at all to convert mine to LHD.......ever. The way I see it, if you aren't a good enough driver to adapt to RHD, then maybe a Defender is not the right choice for you. There was a little bit of a blind spot merging onto the highway when I had van sides back in the day, but that's the only drawback. One thing I've noticed and I think this may deserve its own thread or even a poll is the phenomena where nobody cuts you off in traffic (or fewer people cut you off). I'm convinced this is because when somebody is about to cut you off or be aggressive, they look out of the corner of their eye to see if the other driver is paying attention. this happens very subtly and within seconds. When they look quickly at what they think is the driver seat (LH), they see nothing and probably balk on whatever douchebag maneuver they were planning out of sheer confusion. THen again, maybe it's the 5,000lbs of rollcage that persuades them to behave. I wonder how many LHD, or NAS Defender owners see this, or is it just RHD? I wonder. Is it the Defender that makes people think twice?, or the lack of a person/driver/steering wheel in the left hand seat? Whatever the case, I find that this is another benefit of having RHD.
I watched someone drive onto the median once as they went to merge on the newport bridge with my defender in the right lane. Pretty epic but I think they were distracted by the 'what the hell is that thing' effect
Old October 9th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
One data point for your reasearch, Jackie. I had somebody cut me off in my RHD 90. Sadly for him I didn't see him and the Rockware bumper/ can opener did its thing all down the passenger side of his Mid-Life Chrysler.
Old October 9th, 2014, 10:34 AM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren Ching View Post
One data point for your reasearch, Jackie. I had somebody cut me off in my RHD 90. Sadly for him I didn't see him and the Rockware bumper/ can opener did its thing all down the passenger side of his Mid-Life Chrysler.

same thing, but this mid-life-crisis, latte, yoga chick who was a dinged-up 50-something (meaning she looked like 60+) cut me off in a new Beetle. In this case, it wasn't a case of aggressive driving on her part, she was yapping away on her iPhone clueless as to what she was doing, so not a valid datapoint either
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0888.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	104605  
Old October 9th, 2014, 11:15 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
same thing, but this mid-life-crisis, latte, yoga chick who was a dinged-up 50-something (meaning she looked like 60+) cut me off in a new Beetle. In this case, it wasn't a case of aggressive driving on her part, she was yapping away on her iPhone clueless as to what she was doing, so not a valid datapoint either

HAHAHAHA I've never seen the photo with notes, bravo sir
Old October 9th, 2014, 08:52 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren Ching View Post
Anything that tangles with a Rockware will loose. I hit a bolder with my bigass 130 and bounced back 18 inches. Almost put me through the windshield. Damage to Rockware ? Not discernible given the state of the paint on mine.

Dividing Creek Imports

Old October 9th, 2014, 09:22 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Quote:

Lol.. ok that's insult to injury. I notice she has a Planet Fitness sticker on her window so that explains the yoga pants. You misspelled Gunt in your photo...Or were you thinking of something else?
Old October 9th, 2014, 10:02 PM
slangel
Staci V
2000 DII. Death by fallen tree

Quote:

LOL! Look at the FUPA! Friends don't let friends leave the house in leggings looking like that!
Old October 9th, 2014, 10:18 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by slangel View Post
LOL! Look at the FUPA! Friends don't let friends leave the house in leggings looking like that!
hahaa!
Old October 9th, 2014, 10:44 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
You were the poster child for "Doug how much to convert my 110 to lhd" and now look @ you.
You are totally cool with rhd. Lav was the same way, wanted to convert his 130 before shipping it and I strongly advised against it. Now he's happy with it as is.
Chiming in late, but you nailed it. I've recently (cough...Jonesy) compared folks that "hate" RHD to my 4-year-old that "hated" broccoli (but had never tried it). I actually not only prefer RHD, I love it...and (not joking) there is no chance in HELL I'd be able to parallel park the 130 if it wasn't RHD! Yes, I've put this to the test...I do however feel bad for the poor sap that parks a SmartCar behind me.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old October 9th, 2014, 10:50 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfritz_03 View Post
Lol.. ok that's insult to injury. I notice she has a Planet Fitness sticker on her window so that explains the yoga pants. You misspelled Gunt in your photo...Or were you thinking of something else?
Okay, Carmen, I know you're a lady and all, but you're in the boys' playpen at the moment so please give me a "pass" while I explain what "Gunt" and "Fupa" mean.
On second thought I'll let you Google or Urban Dictionary them so this thread doesn't end up in the Mud Pit and I get accused of saying inappropriate things to a lady.
Old October 9th, 2014, 10:56 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Jackie...I was KIDDING .. !!
Old October 9th, 2014, 11:09 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
^^^oh, okay! Ya never know around here
Old October 9th, 2014, 11:17 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

I mean really...if I were so fragile would I enjoy you guys as much as I do? Did I mention I have two older brothers and some of my best friends are guys? ...and my girlfriends are pretty much the same way...we're cool Mr. Man!!
Old October 9th, 2014, 11:30 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Anyone that can drive a SIII as a daily driver is definitely not fragile!

But back to my rant on that woman....the reason I ridiculed her is because she actually had the audacity to claim that the accident was my fault. I told her I had a dashboard camera (pointing to my iPhone which is velcro-ed to my dashboard) and that lying on an accident report is a felony.
I filed my report and apparently she never filed hers (this was 3-years ago).

As an aside, she claims that she was a personal trainer and was on her way to a client session. Lie number two! Come on! Personal trainer to who? Rob Ford?

Oh, and back to the thread topic! RHD is where it's at!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
rhd