Report From the LRO Show at Billings - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 19th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Safari Heritage Parts
1983 Defender 110
Report From the LRO Show at Billings

I've been all over the UK for the last two weeks. One week to go.

After traveling down from the North Shore we arrived at Billings on Wednesday. The trade stands were already up and running. It was nice to arrive with a vendor which allowed access to the varius trade stands and parties that were not open to the general public. Found a wealth of old stock Series parts and some interesting Defender items. Bumped into only two other Americans and more than a bunch of people from Europe.

Every place we went people were happy to talk to us Yanks. Seems that unlike Germany and the rest of Europe people in the UK like Americans. I had the pleasure of spending part of the weekend with some soldiers who built 90% of a 110 HI Cap for a solider who was badly injured in Afganistan. Soldiers are the same everywhere so there was plenty of beer, food and basic trash talking.

There seemed to be 5000 Defenders of all types in and around the show grounds. Leaving the show grounds we noticed Rover Carnage for miles. The local roads looked just like I-95 after a Florida Land Rover Club gathering. When I'm over the hangover I'll shrink some of the images and post them up.

If you've never been here for the LRO show I suggest the trip over. You'll never be the same (nor will the UK).

Old July 20th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Ken Jagolta
94 d-90
Thanks for the update, Stephen. Enjoy.

Old July 21st, 2010, 03:31 PM
Jamie Austin
1992 110 Td5 CSW & 1989 MB G-Wagen
I missed it this year, but it's always pretty good there.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat