Registering / importing 200tdi 5 door 110 from Italy... - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old February 25th, 2016, 01:04 AM
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
??? One of the primary/basic requirements to file a vehicle import entry with customs are scans/copies of the foreign registration, and the bill of sale.

How is customs clearing your vehicles if you don't even provide them with the basics as to what it is ? How are they even comparing the VIN on the chassis to a registration if you are not providing it ?

How are they calculating the entry duty due if you are not providing them a copy of a commercial invoice or private party bill of sale ?

FWIW- on the vehicles I have handled for you, and those whom have bought trucks from you, we have provided Customs with scans of these two forms as required.

In my experience Customs do not consider the entry filed correctly and will not even begin processing it if a foreign registration and proof of price paid are not included with the entry package.

My experience has been the contrary, I have had them catch typo's on 25+ year old registrations.

For those not following the conversation, 7501 is the form where Customs grants entry. If you have one, the vehicle has been granted entry.
Of course unless the Vehicle is on your Name in the Foreign Country

Also, I remember the Douche who refused to send the Original V5 , we obtained a Permanent Certificate of Exportation from the DVLA

1988 110 Tdi
1987 110 2.5 N/A
2006 D3 HSE7

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

110, 200tdi, door, import, tdi