Real Defender Price? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old April 5th, 2015, 06:06 PM
Randy-Randleman
Randy Randleman
None

Real Defender Price?

I am in the market for a 1997 Denender 90, but noticed that within the last 18 months or so prices have increased tremendously. How much should I pay for a sub100k rust free example. Stock NAS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 5th, 2015, 06:18 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
prices are all over the place dude...expect to pay what someone is willing to sell one for. Sounds like a non answer - but really is the way it is with these NAS90's
Old April 5th, 2015, 06:43 PM
Arcadeus
Mark Bichin
97 NAS Station Wagon LE

Registry
35-45 for an average one. Good one is more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 5th, 2015, 07:09 PM
ron
Ron
1994 NAS Defender 90

coming into the summer the ST will be more than a SW....
Old April 5th, 2015, 08:18 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy-Randleman View Post
I am in the market for a 1997 Denender 90, but noticed that within the last 18 months or so prices have increased tremendously. How much should I pay for a sub100k rust free example. Stock NAS
I've seen the same with real estate. Rates are low and other markets are up as well. Hopefully your portfolio has done as well. Show us some examples of what you've seen as there can be wide spreads between geography, colors, private/dealer seller, etc.
Old April 5th, 2015, 08:24 PM
Arcadeus
Mark Bichin
97 NAS Station Wagon LE

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
I've seen the same with real estate. Rates are low and other markets are up as well. Hopefully your portfolio has done as well. Show us some examples of what you've seen as there can be wide spreads between geography, colors, private/dealer seller, etc.
Right from the horseys mouth. Josh's particular brand of mania (obsessive preoccupation) is keeping track of all things rover including prices condition owners locations etc.
Old April 5th, 2015, 09:12 PM
mgreenspan
Matthew Greenspan
Land Rovers

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadeus View Post
Right from the horseys mouth. Josh's particular brand of mania (obsessive preoccupation) is keeping track of all things rover including prices condition owners locations etc.
Yeah... too bad he can't tell me where SALDV2285RA935063 is. I want to see where it's at and if it's in the hands of someone who would sell it.
Old April 5th, 2015, 09:14 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreenspan View Post
Yeah... too bad he can't tell me where SALDV2285RA935063 is. I want to see where it's at and if it's in the hands of someone who would sell it.
They won't sell it for what they bought it for. It's also been parted out quite a bit since purchased.
Old April 5th, 2015, 09:34 PM
mgreenspan
Matthew Greenspan
Land Rovers

Registry
Quote:
They won't sell it for what they bought it for. It's also been parted out quite a bit since purchased.
Obviously... How much parted? But you may know how much they would sell it for?
Old April 5th, 2015, 10:23 PM
Randy-Randleman
Randy Randleman
None

Rust free, well maintained, no accidents, original spec, red, green, black, or yellow. Can't decide on ST or SW, but location is not an issue. I may consider a '94/'95...
Asking prices seem to be all 50% higher than two years ago. My question is are people really getting their asking prices.

Quote:
Old April 5th, 2015, 10:35 PM
mgreenspan
Matthew Greenspan
Land Rovers

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy-Randleman View Post
Rust free, well maintained, no accidents, original spec, red, green, black, or yellow. Can't decide on ST or SW, but location is not an issue. I may consider a '94/'95...
Asking prices seem to be all 50% higher than two years ago. My question is are people really getting their asking prices.
I'd say "dealers" are probably getting their asking prices because they don't budge and people somehow feel like they are trustworthy. The $70k ones on eBay have to be selling at something close to that. They are probably kept for about 0.5-1.5 years then sold back to "dealers" who just increase the price by $5k each transaction. I remember when the prices of D90s were usually around $35k. Then it was $40k, $45k kind of skipped the 50s and went to $62k, $69k, and now the ever so common $75k. Unless dropping insane cash for a 20 year old used vehicle is like buying a carbonated beverage at a gas station on the highway, it would make more sense financially to fly to Europe, buy the best example you can find for significantly less, ship it back to the US, slap the NAS style bolt-ons onto it and call it a day. They are out there and you'd have more fun finding one while traveling.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
defender