For all you RC nuts...

http://www.hpiracing.com/press/7199.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 21st, 2006, 02:23 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Damn its about time. To think, I was going to butcher one of my pottery barn RC bodies. Good Find.

Neil
Old November 21st, 2006, 02:54 PM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

That looks like a mockup of Yousef's old D90?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 21st, 2006, 03:38 PM
needsaD110
Ben
97 D90 #1345

nice find, now I can get that d-90 body for my HPI savage .28 BB
Old November 21st, 2006, 04:00 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Too bad they don't make a hardtop with rollcage and offroading accesories. I'd plumb some aux lights as well.

Neil
Old November 21st, 2006, 05:18 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Looks like they took someone elses body design for a smaller truck and just slapped it on a truck frame thats WAY too big for the body. I think it looks like crap in the side shot or is that just the model truck its on thats so long? If you going to go through the trouble of designing and "offical" body and get the approvals for the name stickers, why the hell not at least scale it properly.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old November 21st, 2006, 05:30 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvonc
Looks like they took someone elses body design for a smaller truck and just slapped it on a truck frame thats WAY too big for the body. I think it looks like crap in the side shot or is that just the model truck its on thats so long? If you going to go through the trouble of designing and "offical" body and get the approvals for the name stickers, why the hell not at least scale it properly.

In the RC world, you usually buy bodies seperately from the actual chassis. That chassis is just for illustration purposes, it would be better suited to something like a Tamiya XC chassis, which is the normal 1:10 scale for that body. Thats why polycarbonate bodies don't usually have the body mount holes drilled, its so you can drill it yourself according to what your going to adapt it on. I agree it looks hideous, check out this vid of a tamiya xc with a polycarbonate body. =

Neil
Old November 22nd, 2006, 09:40 AM
LRNAD90
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley
In the RC world, you usually buy bodies seperately from the actual chassis. That chassis is just for illustration purposes, it would be better suited to something like a Tamiya XC chassis, which is the normal 1:10 scale for that body. Thats why polycarbonate bodies don't usually have the body mount holes drilled, its so you can drill it yourself according to what your going to adapt it on. I agree it looks hideous, check out this vid of a tamiya xc with a polycarbonate body. =

Neil

Pretty Cool Neil, well except fo rthe IFS of course. Rear axle has some nice articulation though! I like these videos better though, "real" off-roading, not the basement obstacle course stuff. LOL!

(This one is a little heavy on the "Rock Stacking" but still cool..

The wheelbase is probabbly too long to make the D-90 Body look right on this platform, and it has leaf springs, but it has a three speed tranny, transfer case, drive shafts, solid axles, cool ladder frame...

http://classictamiyarc.com/tamcars22.html
http://www.zurru.de/deutsch/mounty_history.htm

Also a cool R/C Defender Project...

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/lr.asp

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old November 22nd, 2006, 12:51 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Those are all pretty cool vids. The Bruiser is an expensive kit, back in the 80's I opted for the Blackfoot because it was a lot cheaper. (It was a frog kit in disguise) What they really need to do is make a 1/6 scale defender body like the toys they have at target. Some of them even have jacks for your Ipod in the trunk so you can play tunes. With a body that big you could put it over the large 1:10 monster truck chassis and it would look normal. I can dream.

Neil
Old November 23rd, 2006, 12:28 AM
needsaD110
Ben
97 D90 #1345

I think most RC frames can hold almost any 1/10 scale body but I could be wrong, I know my e-maxx bodies transfered to my savage when i switched over to it. But I saw a sweet RC frame in a mag that was the most realistic thing i've ever seen. It had leaf springs,real solid axles, and locker in the back i think or a limited slip

I had a e-maxx for my first real "RC" truck but after breaking a bunch of parts I parted it out, then i bought a savage .21 just before the .25 came out But then I wore out the .21 and dropped in a .28 BB motor with tuned pipe and homemade snorkel I have a bronco and f-650 body's and they look funky with those tires sticking out so far. Anyone else into them?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
90, body, defender 90