Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old September 15th, 2006, 06:05 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
rant/vent

piece of shit land rover. got up this am to take to get worked on. fucking fuel pump wont come on. guess its a relay. when it rains it pours. AAA
Advertisement

Old September 15th, 2006, 08:12 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Did you just call your Rover a POS????? You do know it's a Rover, and is required to give you some trouble every now and then. Otherwise how would you learn how to fix it?
Old September 15th, 2006, 08:38 AM
sherpamike
Mike Doligalski
'95 D90 ST

Registry
hey phil, where did you send it via AAA? i sent mine on a flatbed to LR Cary last night around 10pm curtosy of AAA. I am also having fuel issues and have no where at school to work on it. i replaced the fuel filter in a parking lot and had to call a tow truck once it died in traffic for the second time yesterday afternoon. Girlfriend was not too pleased. On the upside i have met much of the chapel hill police department.

i feel your pain. This Blows...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 15th, 2006, 08:49 AM
btate
Bryan Tate
d90

I think we need a new topic area (#5.) for the rash of problems...I feel your pain

1. Looking for Help
2. For Sale
3. Wanted
4. Misc.
5. Help, it wont f***ing start
Old September 15th, 2006, 09:06 AM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
ah Phil, just makes for an exciting start to your day.

Don't worry, it's across all Rover products. I somehow tripped the trans ECU this morning on our '04 Disco. Good thing it was stop and go traffic. People probably thought I spilled my latte or something when I shut it down and restarted.
Old September 15th, 2006, 12:18 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
ha. well its at Rover Clubhouse in Durham now. I am glad it put me down in the driveway and not out in the middle of BF Egypt. Tow Truck guy said he never had to haul many toyotas. it was an interesting trip. There was a red ST there with a 3 Link looked kinda ragged.
Old September 15th, 2006, 01:10 PM
redrover

Watch how you talk about anothers mans junk!
Old September 15th, 2006, 01:29 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

You should carry two spare silver relays or know how to just them.

You should carry a spare computer.

You should carry spare ignition components.

I would tell you to carry a spare fuel pump, but in D90s it is not like a disco or late RRC where you can swap one easily without dropping the tank.

With these things you will almost always be able to get going a little ways further.
Old September 15th, 2006, 01:29 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

I feel your pain man.... my Borla is blown to shit (rattling like crazy), my Rancho 9000`s are bottoming out (at least it gives me excuse to step it up to Fox) and my rear Jack McNamara diff is shot to shit (This one makes me want to cry)
Old September 15th, 2006, 03:08 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldscratchggf
I feel your pain man.... my Borla is blown to shit (rattling like crazy), my Rancho 9000`s are bottoming out (at least it gives me excuse to step it up to Fox) and my rear Jack McNamara diff is shot to shit (This one makes me want to cry)
So you're saying all your aftermarket parts are broken...
Old September 15th, 2006, 03:09 PM
WestTexasDefender
Sam Allen
'97 LE #234

I guess it's that time of year, I sent mine to the shop two days ago, had to winch it up on the gooseneck , but the crappy optima kept dieing so it took about an hour. I'm getting the alarm pulled out because that is what I believe was the root of the starting problems 4 months ago.
Old September 15th, 2006, 03:38 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
So you're saying all your aftermarket parts are broken...

Um, pretty much, yes, yes all my aftermarket parts are broken. Every after market part other than my tire carrier is pretty much shot. As I said though, at least this gives me excuse to step it up to Fox shocks. It sucks though, because every time I think I have money to take care of a fun mod, something critical breaks.
Old September 15th, 2006, 04:45 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
man tell me about it
Old September 15th, 2006, 06:24 PM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by btate
I think we need a new topic area (#5.) for the rash of problems...I feel your pain

1. Looking for Help
2. For Sale
3. Wanted
4. Misc.
5. Help, it wont f***ing start

New topic area heck!!! We need a LR Anonymous support group, then we could all stand in a circle holding hands and admit that we now see that all of those awful things "Consumer Reports" said about Rovers is true.

Oh sorry, that's what we are all doing here already.
Old September 15th, 2006, 06:49 PM
97D90
Andrew Walcker
1997 Defender 90 LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestTexasDefender
I guess it's that time of year, I sent mine to the shop two days ago, had to winch it up on the gooseneck , but the crappy optima kept dieing so it took about an hour. I'm getting the alarm pulled out because that is what I believe was the root of the starting problems 4 months ago.
Sam, I had a starting problem for a year before I wised up and took a look at the alarm. The stereo shop that did the alarm instal put the relay for the engine kill in the engine compartment and just below the oil filter. Needless to say that a little elctrical tape didn't keep the engine oil out and from messing up the relay
Old September 15th, 2006, 07:44 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
all man consumer reports is spot on we are in denial. but its okay I mean i have put about 20k on my rover and have never really been put down in a bad situation. It always been at home in the driveway when it wouldnt start. I am glad it hasnt caught on fire
Old September 15th, 2006, 09:38 PM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

When you look at how some Defenders are used it's not hard to understand why they need more maintenance than the family ride.

My tow rig/work truck left me stranded far far from home this summer and just yesterday it was a near miss. The transmission lines rubbed against each other until they started leaking and pumped almost all of the fluid out. Luckily I stopped for fuel and saw it before it was too late. And it's never been far off the highway.
Old September 15th, 2006, 10:30 PM
D90user
steve
109/110 ambulance-55 series I

I like this thread...I love rovers but sometimes they just make you fume some of the time it is not even the rover.
Today after I preped my entire rear end, sanded, primed then top coated... the weather went to shit and decided to drop to 40 degrees... no shit right after I put the first coat on. It has been hot as hell for the past 3 months and the day I paint it goes cold. I have lights heating the painted surfaces now but I still have the feeling it is going to be to cold for it to set right

On top of that both my rear shocks are blown. I think my drivers side bearing is shot. plus I hit my f#$% head about 15 times under the truck today

thanks for listning... my name is steve and I'm a roverholic

Old September 15th, 2006, 11:56 PM
roverboy
Thomas
Booger

Hi Steve.
Old September 16th, 2006, 12:37 AM
bjenk
Brian Jenkinson
1994 D90

Had to jump on this one. Usually I just read, but could not help myself. My 94 is going down hill. My regular commuter truck has taken a crap this last spring and I am getting ready to pull the engine. So my d90 has been the commuter vehicle for both my wife and I since.

Lately it is jerking and stalling while driving for my wife(it does not matter speed or rpm). Every once in awhile it will throw a code and check engine light (usaully 44). I showed her how to reset the computer. This does not happen very often with me driving.

Well, needless to say I have a lot of patience becuase I love this truck....However, my wife calls me and says "This landrover is a POS!!! I am stalled on COLFAX AVE and it wont start. (she is a cop and in uniform)

She was able to get it started and get it home. I went out and checked the code and reset the ECU. I came in and she asked what it was. I said "Code 34." She responded "Is that the female driver code!"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat