Range Rover Sport Question - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old September 5th, 2013, 03:42 PM
cthoekenga
Craig
1997 BRG D90

Range Rover Sport Question

I am looking to add a 2010 Range Rover Sport as my daily driver. It only has 26K miles on it and has an extended warranty to 100K or May 2016. I was wondering if anyone has an opinion re: this particular year or any other insight? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 5th, 2013, 03:55 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthoekenga View Post
I am looking to add a 2010 Range Rover Sport as my daily driver. It only has 26K miles on it and has an extended warranty to 100K or May 2016. I was wondering if anyone has an opinion re: this particular year or any other insight? Thanks in advance.
Pm Ini88
Old September 5th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
They're great vehicles. The Michelin Diamaris tires are probably cupped very badly if they haven't been replaced. Its probably going to need brakes soon, especially if its supercharged. With the extended warranty, you probably don't have much to worry about. The only deal breaker for me would be if you hear any knocking from the engine at start up, which is probably the timing chain and tensioners. I wouldn't want that repair done under warranty. The 5.0L is awesome, but the water pumps are complete junk and fail very regularly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 5th, 2013, 09:43 PM
jruti
Jon Ruti
'94 D-90, #20

Registry
Agree with the brake assessment and just so you're aware my warranty did not, in fact, extend to the brakes - obviously, warranties vary from dealer to dealer but just a heads up. My family has had several over the years and no major complaints at all. Be prepared to drive 85 mph wherever you go.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
range rover