Range Rover Sport - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 11th, 2005, 12:31 PM
OCD90
Torrence
1997 Hardtop

Range Rover Sport

So I was at the unveiling of the RR Sport last night...pretty impressive. It's gotten away from any sort of offroad type of MO, but I bet they sell a lot of them. As far as looks go, sitting next to the LR3, it looked like amazing. Definitely dusts the LR3's sedate styling. I love that LR3 though (sat in it, and very little legroom...very little...lots of headroom).

I suppose the peers of the RR Sport to be the Cayanne, X5, and similar. As far as those go--this KILLS them.

I know the Range right noe has that BMW motor in it...any idea about the LR3 and the RR Sport? I'd assume they have Ford/Jaguar powerplants. The styling DEFINITELY has BMW all over it, and I suppose that's a good thing, for that type of vehicle.

They didn't mention pricepoint, but the speculation in the room was around/over $90K US. Anything more solid?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 11th, 2005, 02:01 PM
mpodgorski
martin
'94 D90 ST Arles

Engine in the Range Rover Sport is going to be a Land Rover/ Jauguar power plant. Same engine in the regular RR sport as the LR3, the supercharged RR sport is going to have the same power plant as the Jaguar XJR, 390 horse power and the RR will have the same engine but 400 horse.

Price on the RR sport, mid 50s for the standard and upper 60s for the supercharged.
The RR sport hits the show room late May early June
Old January 11th, 2005, 02:33 PM
OCD90
Torrence
1997 Hardtop

That thing was flat-out cool...in a very 'bling' sort of way. They'll sell a ton. Definitely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 11th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

I got the nifty invite but when it started to rain, the 80 mile drive seemed too annoying. Glad you made it out.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
range rover