Range Rover Sport - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 3rd, 2012, 07:10 PM
specops1526
Brian
Beluga '97 90

All the Rover warranties I've purchased always started from the sale date so the 6 year one, for example, would really only add 2 more to the standard factory. It's disappointing because you think you're adding a good amount of time by the cost of the warranty but then you find out it's barely anything...

-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Beluga 97 D-90
Chawton 04 DII SE
Tangiers 04 DII G4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 3rd, 2012, 07:43 PM
DOX
Eric Doxey
1995 Defender 90

Registry
The new cpo warranty takes the original four year warranty/50,000 mile warranty and extends it to six years or 100,000 miles from it's original in service date. There is also no deductible.
Old January 4th, 2012, 10:46 AM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
I would give Andrew - Stmpede here - a call or shoot him a message. He knows more than most of us about all of this and knows warranties (even extended), and may even have something in stock for a good/better price than your local dealer.
Will hit him up if this one RR doesn't go thru. We aren't in a huge rush but if the right vehicle comes up we would be ready to buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by specops1526 View Post
All the Rover warranties I've purchased always started from the sale date so the 6 year one, for example, would really only add 2 more to the standard factory. It's disappointing because you think you're adding a good amount of time by the cost of the warranty but then you find out it's barely anything...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOX View Post
The new cpo warranty takes the original four year warranty/50,000 mile warranty and extends it to six years or 100,000 miles from it's original in service date. There is also no deductible.
Thanks for the info guys. With this one RR having only 16k on the clock, I am wondering if the CPO program would be worth the extra $2,500 or so they quoted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 4th, 2012, 09:32 PM
DOX
Eric Doxey
1995 Defender 90

Registry
I can tell you after selling them for the last 6 Years it is worth it. 2008 sports where overall pretty good but odds are you will be happy you have it. If you tried to buy a Easycare warranty from a dealer it would cost you 6-7k with a deductible.
Old January 4th, 2012, 09:54 PM
DMSLongLake
Dave Sherwood
1994 D90 ST

Registry
My 2008 Sport was the most reliable of the 10 LRs I have owned.

The only things I had done outside of routine maintenance were:
Smell in the HVAC Vents (they actually had a spray and knew how to do it.)
Updated Transmission software

So...pretty awesome.

Dave

Current Rovers:
1994 D-90 ST #734
2006 LR3
2016 RRS

Past Rovers:
1997 Disco I
1988 Range Rover 40th Anniversary
1999 Disco II
1995 D-90 ST #2731
1997 Range Rover 4.6 HSE Vitesse
2003 Range Rover HSE
2008 RRS
2013 RRS
Old January 5th, 2012, 03:06 AM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Waiting for the 2013 new body style comming out later this fall, because anyone who buys the current body style now will be extremely dissapointed when it does come out since ur value will drop like the 2002 p38as.

Robert Deniro
Old January 5th, 2012, 08:58 AM
roverguy
Robert
1995 RRC

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley View Post
Waiting for the 2013 new body style comming out later this fall, because anyone who buys the current body style now will be extremely dissapointed when it does come out since ur value will drop like the 2002 p38as.
I disagree, this body style has been so well received I think there will be enough demand to keep values up. Plus, these are a lot more reliable than a P38.
2000 DII (SOLD)
Old January 5th, 2012, 09:04 AM
DOX
Eric Doxey
1995 Defender 90

Registry
The Range Rover is changing this fall not the Sport. The Sport is on ALG's top ten list yet again, if you buy a Sport it will still hold it's value very well for years to come.
Old January 5th, 2012, 03:02 PM
keiphers
Keith
1997 D90 ST #647

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOX View Post
The Range Rover is changing this fall not the Sport. The Sport is on ALG's top ten list yet again, if you buy a Sport it will still hold it's value very well for years to come.
This is correct. The new FFRR debuts this fall, and the redesigned Sport is expected in the Fall of 2013 as a MY2014.
Old January 5th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverguy View Post
I disagree, this body style has been so well received I think there will be enough demand to keep values up. Plus, these are a lot more reliable than a P38.

I've seen 2003 Full sized range rovers for 10-13k. How much do you think they'll be worth when the new body style comes out this fall? They say its all new aluminum chassis thats 30% lighter than the current model. Meaning better gas mileage and quicker 0-60. Not to mention more powerful powerplants.

------ Follow up post added January 5th, 2012 02:47 PM ------

Yes, I meant to say the full size range rover. I read on other rover sites that this sport will go on til something like 2014 or 2016. But even then, its the same LR3 chassis with new engine and bumpers/grill. You'll always know this in the back of your mind, and so will buyers (and chicks). I'm just going to wait for the 2013 full size range rover, I think it'll be worth it.

Robert Deniro
Old January 5th, 2012, 08:36 PM
roverguy
Robert
1995 RRC

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley View Post
I've seen 2003 Full sized range rovers for 10-13k. How much do you think they'll be worth when the new body style comes out this fall? They say its all new aluminum chassis thats 30% lighter than the current model. Meaning better gas mileage and quicker 0-60. Not to mention more powerful powerplants.

------ Follow up post added January 5th, 2012 02:47 PM ------

Yes, I meant to say the full size range rover. I read on other rover sites that this sport will go on til something like 2014 or 2016. But even then, its the same LR3 chassis with new engine and bumpers/grill. You'll always know this in the back of your mind, and so will buyers (and chicks). I'm just going to wait for the 2013 full size range rover, I think it'll be worth it.
I think they will still be 10-13k. Those who are buying used RRs either can't afford a new one or won't pay full price for it. It's not like there won't still be demand, plus the P38 was not great to begin with.
2000 DII (SOLD)
Old January 5th, 2012, 10:18 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Pretty close to a deal on a full size Range Rover. Almost 17k on the odo and for what seems like a decent price/interest rate. I might have been able to find some a better deal but this truck was at the local dealer and we are trading in her Merc wagon and wont have to deal with trying to sale that and save the difference in sales tax. And it is in the Stonoway Grey which I think is a great color for it.

I had heard the new Range Rovers will be coming out at the end of the year but I am guessing the new ones will be close to a $100k/price tag. We have kids and dogs and use our vehicles for trips to the beach and to the mtns so something new that will get snotted and worn isn't in my interest. Rather spend that money on something for the house or some trips with the kids or put it into a business. She wanted something not "showy" so might be good to have the new Range Rover come out actually.

I'm going to miss the Benz tho. Might be thought of as a mom/grandma car especially in Neil's zip code but it can hold a ton of stuff, goes down the road solid as hell, and with the 5.0 V8 can move pretty good even with 82k on the clock.
Old January 18th, 2012, 12:38 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
So we ended up with that L322 Range Rover. Pretty happy with it - nice vehicle overall and it fits the kids nicely. I just love Land Rover seating position and interiors - enjoyed the Disco 2 I had years ago and the Range Rover is even that much nicer. It just took me about an hour to swap the XM from the Merc to Sirius in the RR - I thought XM and Sirius were one now??

Attached a pic of the RR next to the trusty Suburban (that just got done bringing us up and back to Stowe). The old man 90 gets a spot in the garage :D
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-01-18_07-53-28_729.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	46283  
Old January 18th, 2012, 03:50 PM
roverguy
Robert
1995 RRC

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
So we ended up with that L322 Range Rover. Pretty happy with it - nice vehicle overall and it fits the kids nicely. I just love Land Rover seating position and interiors - enjoyed the Disco 2 I had years ago and the Range Rover is even that much nicer. It just took me about an hour to swap the XM from the Merc to Sirius in the RR - I thought XM and Sirius were one now??

Attached a pic of the RR next to the trusty Suburban (that just got done bringing us up and back to Stowe). The old man 90 gets a spot in the garage :D
Very nice...
2000 DII (SOLD)
Old January 18th, 2012, 04:10 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

I am sure you will enjoy it. When the 2013 new one comes out, I think the 322 will fall, but not too much. Should be a flood of demand for the 2013 which, if met, will put more used 322 on the market from trade ins (RR owners tend to be a loyal bunch).
Old January 18th, 2012, 04:28 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by roverguy View Post
Very nice...
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
I am sure you will enjoy it. When the 2013 new one comes out, I think the 322 will fall, but not too much. Should be a flood of demand for the 2013 which, if met, will put more used 322 on the market from trade ins (RR owners tend to be a loyal bunch).
Yes, I agree. She had the Merc for a long time (almost 6 years) and more than anything she just wanted a change and to have a higher vantage point. She heads into the city and Long Island for work a few times a month so having something that is safe and comfortable for her is a priority. This truck has only 17k miles and while we didn't get it for a steal, compared to others on the market it was a decent price and compared to the new ones almost half the price. And it was local. What does o2batsea say? Rovers find you and not the other way around?

It is CPO'd until Mar 2015 so maybe at that point we will just trade up to the newer RR or get her what she always has wanted - a G-Wagen. Have to see how business/life is going at that point.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
range rover