Rage southbay land rover - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old February 3rd, 2016, 02:05 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Rage southbay land rover

As I posted yesterday I took my LR4 for to the dealer for a recall related to smog. A few things:
1. This is Southbay Land Rover - Autonation
2. They took my car and asked if I wanted a free inspection.
3. Enterprise gave me a shitbox LR2 and was pushing hard for me to take the insurance. I refused. I drove the car about 18 miles which was actually a lot for me in a day but with them pushing they made me paranoid so I was super careful.
4. Dealer calls me at 4pm and tells me I need brakes, control arm bushings, air filter, and wipers. This makes me laugh because I did brakes and control arm bushings less than 10,000 miles ago.
5. I drop the shit box LR2 off at 6:45 and get my car.
6. I get a call from enterprise this morning they just inspected the LR2 and the rear hatch is scraped and they want me to pay for it. I told them to go fuck themselves. They tell me they are calling my insurance.

I ask how they can wait till the next day to inspect and blame me. I never even opened the rear hatch.

RAGE LEVEL - HULK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 3rd, 2016, 02:12 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Some employee probably scraped it and is passing the buck onto you. I would call the service manager and tell him that they are trying to scam you.
Old February 3rd, 2016, 02:14 PM
solarguy
Abraham Bell
1985 Defender 110 Tithonus
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Always take pics of a rental when you turn it in. I know this doesn't help now. Just a thought for the future
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 3rd, 2016, 02:19 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

They are wasting no time. My insurance jut called they put in a claim. I told them exactly what happened and how they didn't inspect until now.

Car was also a typical rental with scratches all over. Guy told me anything smaller than a quarter is normal.
Old February 3rd, 2016, 03:23 PM
LuisC
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE

Registry
We funnel so much money into Hertz we are exempt from needing the additional coverage. It's not even offered as an option to us.

Found that out the hard way. I never tried to take the insurance until after I wrecked one of their cars. A large sheet of 1 inch plywood flew off a truck in front of me and buried itself into the grill just below the radiator support. $2000 damage.

I expected a big bill. Waited for a month for them to ding me. Gave them a call and that's when they told me no worries. It was all taken care of.
Old February 3rd, 2016, 03:46 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Good they contacted your insurance. Now they are engaged in insurance fraud.
Old February 3rd, 2016, 03:59 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
I'm guessing it was always there, and they were just waiting for someone who didn't opt for insurance to put the blame on.
Old February 3rd, 2016, 03:59 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Called the service advisor and went nuts. He talked to enterprise and they are dropping the claims.

The Enterprise manager called me and said this isn't damage they would ever have claimed anyway. Also said they don't inspect till following day because cars are returned after the enterprise desk closes.

Idiots.

The service manager did this and begged me to give him a good review in the survey. Ridiculous. The dealer is clueless. They are dealing in expensive cars and let their customers get pushed around by a shit loaner policy from enterprise. No clue how to keep customers happy.
Old February 3rd, 2016, 05:00 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
The Enterprise manager called me and said this isn't damage they would ever have claimed anyway. .
You have to be kidding. So, if you hadn't said anything, he would have come to his senses and drop the claim? Total dirtbag.
Old February 3rd, 2016, 05:07 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Glad it worked out. Probably time to find another dealer.
Old February 3rd, 2016, 05:34 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

I honestly never go to the dealer. My LR4 is out of warranty but there was this recall for smog and my registration was due so I had no choice. Meanwhile I made the mistake of giving my debit card and not a credit card so they got the $500 from me. Now waiting for it to be refunded.
Old February 3rd, 2016, 05:35 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Quote:
I honestly never go to the dealer. My LR4 is out of warranty but there was this recall for smog and my registration was due so I had no choice. Meanwhile I made the mistake of giving my debit card and not a credit card so they got the $500 from me. Now waiting for it to be refunded.
This is why I always use Amex.
Old February 3rd, 2016, 06:09 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
There is always paperwork in situations like this.

For example, if they didn't walk the vehicle with you (your word against theirs) and if time of checkin vs time of reported claim is too great then you can usually get off in a technicality.

Also if you make even a remote inquiry they drop it 100% of the time
Old February 3rd, 2016, 08:05 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Barry, do you have a copy of the Rental Agreement and names you can email me?

I just happen to know a VP of Enterprise , and would love to share your experience
Old February 3rd, 2016, 09:15 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

I have the agreement and his first name. Will send you both after I get my $500 back.

I might be wrong about this and my truck is a 2010 but I really think when a person goes to a dealership (benz/BMW,rover) etc and is provided a loaner car they should not have to deal with enterprise, hertz etc. The dealer should deal with all of that. On top of that if they were smart they would put people in vehicles that are either newer versions of their own or nicer. Putting me in a Lr2 isn't getting me in the dealership to buy another car. Putting me in a new LR4 or a range rover might.

Then you take the way I was treated into account and you see how foolish these guys are. They let some idiot handle this totally incorrectly and in the end made sure I don't want to deal with them ever again.
Old February 3rd, 2016, 09:37 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

I always pull the rental out of its spot and photo it upon receipt and return.
Most of my rentals are done in London which makes it tough to fight....

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old February 3rd, 2016, 10:02 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
I might be wrong about this and my truck is a 2010 but I really think when a person goes to a dealership (benz/BMW,rover) etc and is provided a loaner car they should not have to deal with enterprise, hertz etc. The dealer should deal with all of that. On top of that if they were smart they would put people in vehicles that are either newer versions of their own or nicer. Putting me in a Lr2 isn't getting me in the dealership to buy another car. Putting me in a new LR4 or a range rover might.
This is how Audi and many others do it. Bring in the A4, get offered a Q7; no questions of "would you like to purchase add'l insurance with this?" either.
Old February 3rd, 2016, 10:20 PM
SonnyAK
Sonny
1993 NAS 110

Registry
Glad it worked out!! There's no way I'd even consider changing the review - that's the only control you have on a dealer to make any sort of change!

Since the rental company already contacted your insurance for what constitutes a fraudulent claim, I'd contact the state better business bureau and the state attorney general and file complaints...Make them jump through some hoops to explain their actions...
Old February 4th, 2016, 12:37 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyAK View Post
Glad it worked out!! There's no way I'd even consider changing the review - that's the only control you have on a dealer to make any sort of change! Since the rental company already contacted your insurance for what constitutes a fraudulent claim, I'd contact the state better business bureau and the state attorney general and file complaints...Make them jump through some hoops to explain their actions...
So far no admittance of guilt just that the damage is too small for them to normally submit a claim. It's amazing they can charge my card for the deductible that fast without even fault being assigned.
Old February 4th, 2016, 07:03 AM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
Did you buy your vehicle at that dealer? Every dealer has a different loaner policy and most don't give loaner cars to customer that bought their vehicles at another dealer. As far as I know, at Land Rover Manhattan we do not give out rental cars. I'm pretty sure most Land Rover dealers almost only use Discovery Sports and Range Rover Evoques as loaners.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
land rover