Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old March 22nd, 2012, 10:59 AM
TravelerBT
Philip Marshall
none - :*(

Registry
questions for the Land Rover Guru's...

I am noticing a trend here... so I thought I would start a discussion on the forum and see what you guys thing.

There are a CRAP load of GREAT trucks on ebay right now... most of them coming over the pond... but just GREAT trucks!

Here is my discussion point...

1. Are we going to flood the market over here with these trucks and drive the values way down? Thoughts?
2. Is the government going to get wind of this trend and shut it down?? Driving the values up??

thanks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 22nd, 2012, 11:58 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
2) they can't without changing the existing legislation.

25 yr old vehicles no matter whom the manufacturer are eligible for import as DOT exempt. If the vehicle has its original engine or an EPA approved transplant it enters EPA exempt.

I think demand will continue to exceed supply especially for the lower end/entry/fixer upper trucks. That said I get 30 emails a day from people looking for help finding a "rust free, tdi 110 in the UK for less than $7500". I wish them the best of luck and offer my assistance with shipping and importation if they find the holy grail of defenders. 95% I never hear from again.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 01:13 PM
headdamage
Andrew
exmod 90 2.5na and a 93/RRC 200tdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelerBT View Post
1. Are we going to flood the market over here with these trucks and drive the values way down? Thoughts?
That is what has sort of happened here in Canada, we have seen the effect sooner because of our 15 year rule vs the US 25 year one. As a non NAS rover owner I like the prices being much less than they used to be, not that they are cheap, just not quite as crazy as they once where though some guys haven't figured this out and still pay too much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 22nd, 2012, 03:37 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Clapped out rust bucket 110's aren't going to hurt the value of NAS trucks in decent condition.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 03:52 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
The only thing that has hurt the value of my truck has been a tree that moved into my path while offroad.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 04:27 PM
mgreenspan
Matthew Greenspan
Land Rovers

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130Tdi View Post
2) they can't without changing the existing legislation.

25 yr old vehicles no matter whom the manufacturer are eligible for import as DOT exempt. If the vehicle has its original engine or an EPA approved transplant it enters EPA exempt.

I think demand will continue to exceed supply especially for the lower end/entry/fixer upper trucks. That said I get 30 emails a day from people looking for help finding a "rust free, tdi 110 in the UK for less than $7500". I wish them the best of luck and offer my assistance with shipping and importation if they find the holy grail of defenders. 95% I never hear from again.
You can't even find any year of Defender rust free in the UK for that money.

You little rebel, I like you.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat