Question for those of you using an Electric Brake Controller in an LR3/4 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old April 27th, 2017, 05:21 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Question for those of you using an Electric Brake Controller in an LR3/4

Hey all! Sorry it's been so long since I've logged in. Unfortunately the Defender has taken a back-seat lately, but hopefully that will change again soon.

I have a client who ordered a New Discovery and is planning to install a Trailer Brake Controller. The car comes with a connector under the dash for it, but I'm wondering if anyone here that is currently using one in an LR3 or LR4 could make any recommendations as to which one(s) work best, or don't work correctly so that I can advise him.

Thank you in advance!

Andrew
Advertisement

Old April 27th, 2017, 05:26 PM
JackW
Jack Walter
1966 109 SW Diesel

I have a Progeny 2 on my LR3 and it works really well- it was plug and play. I plan on moving it to my new Discovery 5 when it gets here.

Here's a thread I saw on another forum that may help:
**INFO** Valuable brake controller information
Old April 28th, 2017, 06:31 PM
JackW
Jack Walter
1966 109 SW Diesel

Oops - that's a Prodigy 2 brake controller - hard to type with one non-working arm...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 28th, 2017, 07:37 PM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

The LR3 controller plug is same as F150/250, and second the Prodigy- used it on both our LR3's.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old April 29th, 2017, 09:39 AM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Thanks guys! Yeah, we had to dig through TopiX to find that the plug is in-fact there on the New Discovery. I don't know why they don't offer one from the factory, and why they hide the fact that they connector is already installed...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
brake, lr3