Question for Military Stationed Overseas. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old October 28th, 2010, 01:09 PM
GYM
Gary
97 SW

Question for Military Stationed Overseas.

Are any of you (or have any of you) had any difficulty receiving your mid-term election voting ballots? I have read this may be a problem for some areas.

Stay safe, and thank you for all you do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 29th, 2010, 10:38 PM
D90DRC
D Cantrell
1997 D90SW

Good Question, The media will spin it differently, but it looks like If the state is democrat controlled our troops can forget about voting absentee on time... More emphasis is being given to allowing illegals to vote in states like Maine than getting the ever broken military absentee voting system fixed... It was a joke 30 years ago when i was in the Navy... IMO Its a sad reflection on us when Iraq has cleaner elections
Old October 29th, 2010, 11:05 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Think what you like about partisan control of states, but I'm from Washington and I've had no trouble voting from Afghanistan. Having been through election seasons here in Kabul and in Moscow, I'm oh-so-grateful for our certainly-not-perfect system in the US.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 29th, 2010, 11:32 PM
mightymg
Lane Farka
97 D90, 05 LR3, 95 RRC LWB

I had no issue when i was in. And i was in korea and PSAB during election times.....

95 RRC LWB-- DD
97 D90 37 " krawlers, coilovers, beadlocks, stretched
05 LR3 - Mamas/ tow rig

- Moab rally vids 2010
Old October 30th, 2010, 12:46 AM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by D90DRC View Post
Good Question, The media will spin it differently, but it looks like If the state is democrat controlled our troops can forget about voting absentee on time... More emphasis is being given to allowing illegals to vote in states like Maine than getting the ever broken military absentee voting system fixed... It was a joke 30 years ago when i was in the Navy... IMO Its a sad reflection on us when Iraq has cleaner elections
Shouldn't you be trolling on Discoweb?
Old October 31st, 2010, 04:37 PM
D90DRC
D Cantrell
1997 D90SW

Hey Chris F-Off.... Shouldn't you be driving a Subaru with a rainbow sticker on the back...

What part of what i said it not factually true? And do you have any experience voting absentee?...

Also food for thought, In most states the votes are not even counted until after the winner is seated..

Now go back to watching the View...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat