Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old June 4th, 2008, 11:00 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
You can't be serious. Swapping a tub has to be 10x more work than modifying the arches.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 4th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

yeah, it would be cleaner but more work & more exp. Again though, I would call George if you choose to go that route
Old June 4th, 2008, 03:20 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I consider fastening and unfastening bolts to always be easier than performing fabrication work of any kind. Also, every time you modify something with fab work, you run the risk of the end result looking like complete and total ass.

These tubs are pretty new, but there will be some available somewhere. Looking at it, its a nice part - no bulkhead, rearward postioned fuel filler, etc.

I like bolt-on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 4th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

I agree, but if you aren't already pulling the truck apart, it seems like a lot of work on a SW just for seats. If it was a ST it would be a lot less work to replace the whole tub, but he'll have to pull the top off the SW to do it, which seems like a lot of work.
Old June 5th, 2008, 02:33 PM
tallest1
john derosa
95 D90 SW

I have to pull the sw off anyways to replace the caps that are rusting anyways. however, the tub is definitely a different story.

haven't spoke w/ george yet but will reach out to him shortly.
Old June 5th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

In that case I would be seriously considering just replacing the tub...
Old June 7th, 2008, 11:42 AM
tallest1
john derosa
95 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stmpede
Have you checked with George at RDS? I would be surprised if he couldn't get it for you. Just out of curiosity, why didn't you just get the Exmoor version, or did you? I thought the Exmoor ones were just a plug n play so to speak.
Reached out to George and he can't help with the sub frame and waiting to hear from him on the tub.

I think to secure these sub-frames I have to be in contact with someone who has an "in" with land rover UK or even land rover US. I called land rover US customer service a few weeks ago trying to explain this to them and it was like talking to a door knob.

In working with Les at RN on this project, he had a UK LR dealer go digging into the new factory parts manual for the 07 uk d-90's and apparantly these sub-frames were not even in there. This leads me to believe that perhaps they are welded at the factory to the tub and aren't even offered as a part to purchase. However, i'm willing to bet that with the right contact I can probably secure these things...

Anyone know anyone @ LR US Corporate or LR UK Corporate? ....long shot I know

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat