Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old October 13th, 2008, 10:00 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Of course itcould have Banks Power in there, right?

The must have some sort of wicked compressor you can bolt to the side of your little 4 pot...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 13th, 2008, 10:01 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckon37s
Thanks a lot guys! The rear does look a little odd in the pic from straight on. Here is another from a slightly different angle. I like it better with the spare on, but thats the trouble with Defenders, they're square.
Really not a big deal, trust me I guess it's just the bottom corners that bother me. Not sure whats in the rear of the tub, but if you did a compound 45 degree cut off those corners - say 4" worth it would look sexy.
Old October 13th, 2008, 10:07 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
it needs a 25 dollar pair of tail light protectors.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 13th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
Of course itcould have Banks Power in there, right?

The must have some sort of wicked compressor you can bolt to the side of your little 4 pot...
Don't understand what your getting at. I am very thankful to have their help with the motor and giving us exposure at the show.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin
Really not a big deal, trust me I guess it's just the bottom corners that bother me. Not sure whats in the rear of the tub, but if you did a compound 45 degree cut off those corners - say 4" worth it would look sexy.
That would look good. I'll noodle it. I couldn't quite do 4in as it would cut into the fuel cell mounting area, but a good idea!

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old October 13th, 2008, 10:23 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I'm just joking about how since they make huge power kits for the Powerstrokes, Cummins, etc, that I'm surprised they dont have some huge quad-turbo setup for the little 300Tdi. This also would play directly into your approach where you're always upping the ante on your 90 with more and more extreme mods. I was also joking about the tail light protectors.

But seriously, its an amazing bit of machinery, and looking very well finished too. Not to detract from the genuflecting in its direction, but it seems so unlikely that it could be "done for a while..." I naturally look forward to seeing the next step, whether it be a ring-mount 50 cal or a set of flash beadlocks.

Old October 13th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Ahh, I get it!

Well, now that you mention it, wait untill you see what I have in store for the new axles. I won't spoil it as I plan to do a write-up for the board, but lets just say I don't think my motor could break them even with the new quad-turbo kit banks is working on.

PS: Did you notice that it DOES have tail lights?

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old October 13th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Davis
Chris Davis
94 NAS D90 6.2LS

wholly fawk, batman. You rock. LOVE it--your craftsmanship is top notch. I know the kind of time and effort that went into this--very inspirational.

C.
Old October 17th, 2008, 01:43 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs
You are sooo knightrider!

-Jeff
I almost missed this!! I actually tried to see if I could get it to run like that, left to right, as a joke. No mas, just brake a running light. Couldn't find anywhere else to put them that didn't look like crap.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old October 17th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
That is a real labor of love. If you stick a machine gun pintel mount on the top, you are GOOD2GO for the apocalypse. I think Mad Max would let you drive him around in Bardertown with that bad boy. He'd probably even be ok with riding in the back seat!
Old October 17th, 2008, 10:01 AM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Very very nice job. It's great to see a lot of Rover parts being used in the build.

It has the Defender 90 look. The only thing I'd say to add is the cast aluminum Defender 90/Solihull England shield pop-riveted to the lower right corner. Or get a die-cast sticker made that looks similiar to match the rest of the truck.

Can't wait for the action shots!
Old October 17th, 2008, 01:19 PM
madcowdungbeetle
Carter
1994 D90 on 37s supreme balla style

Registry
Quote:
Dumb question(just a question, not a critisism), but what is the bar in front of the hood for? Is that a grab bar so people can jump on to keep you from going over backwards?

-Jeff
Keeps the front of the hood from getting bashed in when he rolls it over... and it looks cool.
Old October 17th, 2008, 01:52 PM
isleofman
Lee Davis
'95 D90 "BeastLee"

that's funny about Mad Max. I wonder if Buck would let Laura Croft ride in his Defender of the earth. I'd be happy to sit in the back seat
Old October 18th, 2008, 08:23 AM
JackW
Jack Walter
1966 109 SW Diesel

What kind of seats are those? Truck looks really cool...
Old October 18th, 2008, 09:36 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
That thing is sick.. I love it. I like the dove-tail ass end..
Old November 1st, 2008, 09:34 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Dumb question(just a question, not a critisism), but what is the bar in front of the hood for? Is that a grab bar so people can jump on to keep you from going over backwards?

-Jeff
Hey,

Madcow nailed it. More specifically, it keeps the radiator from crushing when you go over backwards. I had the hardest time with that believe it or not. The first one looked like crap, so I cut it up at the last minute and redid it. I am glad I did.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackW
What kind of seats are those? Truck looks really cool...
Mastercraft and PRP. The PRP is a better deal!

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDI Guy
That thing is sick.. I love it. I like the dove-tail ass end..
You next? Don't you have an 88 that needs a little love right now?

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old November 3rd, 2008, 11:12 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

that's badass. good lookin rig.
Old November 4th, 2008, 11:10 AM
97D90
Andrew Walcker
1997 Defender 90 LE

Saw your rig at the Pomona Off-Road Expo and have to apologize for the amount of drool I left on your rig. I can tell this has been a labor of love and you have put your heart into the build. Well done/built and looking forward to those action shots once you can steer her
Old November 4th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

If only you could sell this in a kit form.

Awesome man, few words can describe, the most hardcore rover ever.

Robert Deniro
Old November 4th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97D90
Saw your rig at the Pomona Off-Road Expo and have to apologize for the amount of drool I left on your rig. I can tell this has been a labor of love and you have put your heart into the build. Well done/built and looking forward to those action shots once you can steer her
That was you!

Thanks for the kind words. How did you know I was having steering issues?

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley
If only you could sell this in a kit form.

Awesome man, few words can describe, the most hardcore rover ever.
Thanks man. You coming out for the race or what?!

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old November 5th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckon37s
That was you!

Thanks for the kind words. How did you know I was having steering issues?

Follow-up Post:

Thanks man. You coming out for the race or what?!
Where, when and what is this race?

Robert Deniro

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat