PSA / EBay Buyers Tool - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old August 30th, 2011, 10:26 PM
gchinsr
Greg Chin Sr
1996 Discovery 5 Speed

PSA / EBay Buyers Tool

As a public service announcement to protect ourselves against EBay fraud, I have found a helpful tool to look at sellers before buying anything. http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs Just type in the sellers EBay name, for instance to check Matthew Moore at MRM user name mattwaxdog0 then hit "received by" or "left by" and will show the results to this seller. If you use the example(mattwaxdog0) you see a familiar trait of MRM, ripping people off, substituting items, broken promises to make good, etc. I hope this is a useful tool to prevent scum bag sellers from ripping off people in the future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 31st, 2011, 08:34 AM
kevkon
kevin
1994 D90 300tdi #730, SIII 88

Just avoid any sellers with less than 99.5% feedback ( preferably 100%). Unfortunately, hope springs eternal and bidders/buyers disregard feedback because they see a deal and believe they won't be the one taken.
Old August 31st, 2011, 08:57 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchinsr View Post
As a public service announcement to protect ourselves against EBay fraud, I have found a helpful tool to look at sellers before buying anything. http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs Just type in the sellers EBay name, for instance to check Matthew Moore at MRM user name mattwaxdog0 then hit "received by" or "left by" and will show the results to this seller. If you use the example(mattwaxdog0) you see a familiar trait of MRM, ripping people off, substituting items, broken promises to make good, etc. I hope this is a useful tool to prevent scum bag sellers from ripping off people in the future.

I imported a truck for client in Me that he had bought from MRM. Excellent examle of someone not to do business with. It took the new owner 2.5 days to drive the truck from Nj to Me @ 45mph. Work done by MRM was cobbled together @ best. Matthew had personally driven the truck for a couple of days and certified it as "good to go".

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ebay