Proud moment......I guess - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 1st, 2011, 10:33 PM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

Proud moment......I guess

My boys name is Cooper. He will be three one week from Sunday. He has recently taken to using the phone. I'm always hiding the phones from him. He randomly dials numbers and has conversations with people. Tonight, I'm supposed to be watching him. He walked into the room telling some random person to "lick his balls" several times. Normally I'm strict about things, but I just couldn't do anything but laugh. It was probably the funniest thing I have seen. I'm not sure where he picks up things.
And I love you too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 1st, 2011, 11:37 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Absolutely hilarious.
Old January 2nd, 2011, 09:11 AM
John_Karlsson
John Karlsson
1966 Series IIA 88 SW

Perhaps soon he will progress to something like this:

http://www.ahajokes.com/fp050.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 2nd, 2011, 09:22 AM
jefhuf
Jeff Huff
'94 D90 ST #655
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Great story! My little girl is 28 months and I keep waiting for her to repeat some of the "bad" things I say...my wife gets on me all the time because she really is like a little parrot
Old January 2nd, 2011, 08:01 PM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefhuf View Post
Great story! My little girl is 28 months and I keep waiting for her to repeat some of the "bad" things I say...my wife gets on me all the time because she really is like a little parrot
It won't be long.

We should rename this thread "The stupid shit my kid does".

My boy also has an imaginary friend named Bee Bee. He will hop out of the shopping cart at the store and run to the other end of the isle because we left Bee Bee behind. He then runs back and gets in the cart.

------ Follow up post added January 2nd, 2011 07:03 PM ------

If he doesn't like a TV show, he tells me to change the channel because it is "Gay".
And I love you too
Old January 2nd, 2011, 11:53 PM
D90DRC
D Cantrell
1997 D90SW

Wow proud moment because your three old told a random stranger to lick his balls... I'm at a loss for words
Old January 3rd, 2011, 04:40 AM
airbornrover
William Skidmore
SIII 109 SW

Take it all with a grain of salt cause they have no, no idea of the context of what they say. My nephew learned his first american words from me when he was like 3 or 4 one balmy summer day and proceeded to run around the house screaming it my mother thought it was halerious and my sister wanted to kill me in that " I cant believe you just taught him that " , in my defense he was pissing me off at the time. It was "shut the f*** up"
Old January 3rd, 2011, 07:40 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
and I though I was the only one... the good thing about my 3 yr old is she curses in Spanish... roflmfao

PS the wife does not like it a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefhuf View Post
they are... be careful of what you say about Torrence, she'll throw you under the bus.
Old January 3rd, 2011, 06:58 PM
D90DRC
D Cantrell
1997 D90SW

Not blaming the kid at all, The point is a parent is proud of that accomplishment that stuns me....
Old January 3rd, 2011, 07:58 PM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

Quote:
Originally Posted by D90DRC View Post
Not blaming the kid at all, The point is a parent is proud of that accomplishment that stuns me....
The statement that is was a proud moment was complete sarcasm. He is a very good boy. Little kids pick up things on a daily basis from all kinds of sources. How dare you judge my son or my parenting ability. Its about the crazy things that kids do and say. You stun me.
And I love you too
Old January 3rd, 2011, 08:57 PM
NoVaKevin
Kevin
sold#1469

Quote:
Originally Posted by D90DRC View Post
Stuns me too. How could a parent ever find something like this funny? It repulses me to think one would let a child do such a thing.

Actually, what really stuns me is your lack of humor.
Old January 3rd, 2011, 09:24 PM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaKevin View Post
Stuns me too. How could a parent ever find something like this funny? It repulses me to think one would let a child do such a thing.

Actually, what really stuns me is your lack of humor.
I really don't care if you find me funny. Actually, I really don't care what you think at all.
And I love you too
Old January 3rd, 2011, 10:18 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Must be the name Cooper. My youngest has the same name and is a complete terror. Luckily, from the teachers at school, they say he listens well and is a good kid. Being the 3rd child he picks up things quickly and needs to be tough to keep up with his older siblings and cousins. There have been times when I have to leave the situation because what he is doing is really funny but a little wrong for a 5 year old.

Another funny story about the name Cooper. I was driving the kids home in the 90 after picking my daughter up from horseback riding. We got onto a road named Cooper and part of it turns into dirt. Add to that all the snow we recently had and it was pretty gnarled up. So obviously, we went that direction. The older kids were teasing my youngest - "Hey Cooper - this road has the same name as you because it's a bumpy mess." "Nah" - I said, making him feel better but also enjoying the drive home - "it's has the same name because it's awesome and fun."
Old January 3rd, 2011, 10:47 PM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
Must be the name Cooper. My youngest has the same name and is a complete terror. Luckily, from the teachers at school, they say he listens well and is a good kid. Being the 3rd child he picks up things quickly and needs to be tough to keep up with his older siblings and cousins. There have been times when I have to leave the situation because what he is doing is really funny but a little wrong for a 5 year old.

Another funny story about the name Cooper. I was driving the kids home in the 90 after picking my daughter up from horseback riding. We got onto a road named Cooper and part of it turns into dirt. Add to that all the snow we recently had and it was pretty gnarled up. So obviously, we went that direction. The older kids were teasing my youngest - "Hey Cooper - this road has the same name as you because it's a bumpy mess." "Nah" - I said, making him feel better but also enjoying the drive home - "it's has the same name because it's awesome and fun."
Good stories! Some people just don't understand. If you take the afternoon off and look after the kid and the dogs while making dinner for the wife..........you go to the bathroom and suddenly..........

A month ago I turned my head and he was walking down the street. He will deal with airport security and 2 layovers plus a rental car counter and a drive with no problem. He will sit in a 5 star restaurant for 2 hours without causing a scene or making a mess of the table. He is a very good boy and well behaved. Not too many people can say that about a child under the age of 3.

Kids just do unexpected things sometimes and you just have to laugh. Some of the people here have an inability to laugh. I can't help them.
And I love you too
Old January 3rd, 2011, 11:05 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Long before I was born (he was probably 3-6 at the time, I was born when he was 10), my middle brother was known for running out of my parents' place in Chicago and streaking down the street... my dad has always said that when a kid runs out the door there are 360 degrees to immediately cover. Kim of freaks me out!!
Old January 3rd, 2011, 11:14 PM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Long before I was born (he was probably 3-6 at the time, I was born when he was 10), my middle brother was known for running out of my parents' place in Chicago and streaking down the street... my dad has always said that when a kid runs out the door there are 360 degrees to immediately cover. Kim of freaks me out!!
You had a terrible dad. How could he ever let that happen? We all should have had full protection while jumping the bike ramp when we were kids. We should have never used a bad word or felt up the girl next door. Its crazy to think that we are allowed to reproduce.
And I love you too
Old January 4th, 2011, 06:51 AM
D90DRC
D Cantrell
1997 D90SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by huck1974 View Post
The statement that is was a proud moment was complete sarcasm. He is a very good boy. Little kids pick up things on a daily basis from all kinds of sources. How dare you judge my son or my parenting ability. Its about the crazy things that kids do and say. You stun me.
Hey nut bag you put it out there for the world to critique "Proud Moment".... And if you read my second post it had nothing to do with your child... I hope he does not learn to read from you....
Old January 4th, 2011, 12:12 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by huck1974 View Post
Good stories! Some people just don't understand. If you take the afternoon off and look after the kid and the dogs while making dinner for the wife..........you go to the bathroom and suddenly..........

A month ago I turned my head and he was walking down the street. He will deal with airport security and 2 layovers plus a rental car counter and a drive with no problem. He will sit in a 5 star restaurant for 2 hours without causing a scene or making a mess of the table. He is a very good boy and well behaved. Not too many people can say that about a child under the age of 3.

Kids just do unexpected things sometimes and you just have to laugh. Some of the people here have an inability to laugh. I can't help them.
So true - and it gets worse with the 3rd. Our Cooper followed our dogs down the street when he was around 2 and we had all the police in our town looking for him. Or the time when he was just under 1 and was in one of those 4 wheeled seated rollers. Took a launch down our deck stairs. Both times there were adults in the vicinity - it just that he moves quick - still does.

Your Cooper must be a good kid if he can deal with travel and dining. I can't say mine are great but we expose them to both a lot and try to hammer proper manners to them. One day it should stick.

And I keep telling them there is a time and place. You can act all goofy and joke around with your friends but bring it together when adults are around. Keep yourself and your room clean but when I'm throwing something away like an old chair - I'll put it in the driveway and give them a hammer and say go at it. But most imporantly it's about respect. Respect everyone from the kid that's filling up your water at dinner to the good friend of your grandfathers that could buy the restaurant 10x over.

You need laughter with kids especially these days. You will go mad otherwise.
Old January 4th, 2011, 12:45 PM
tomaco1
T.mac
83 110

Registry
If you can't laugh at the funny sh*t kids do, why have them!

But I guess that's why I have no kids.

Me with kids, then there would be some really hard judging from the super-dads!
Old January 4th, 2011, 12:48 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

I don't have kids because I remember what I was like when I was one.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat