Project: Lucas must die - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old September 23rd, 2007, 10:36 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Well,

Dash got here Friday night late. So after a long Saturday, she's all back together! I am very pleased with how it came out. It is a little wider than I wanted, but all said it is what I had in my mind. It would have been a pretty quick install if there had not been a nasty short in the rear marker light. I ended up cutting it out. I will have to redo it later. Best part, whole thing is under 10LB.

Pic 1: Tilt seat mount. Had it for a long time but thought someone would get a kick out of it.
Pic 2-whatever: All Done.

Pic 6-7: The run I am going on this week makes you carry a spare I really hate to but I welded on a simple tire carrier to get me past the weekend. After this I may cut it off or make it better. It will work for now.

Pic 8: At least the welds are nice
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010938.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	10570   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010948.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	10571  

Name:	P1010950.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	10572   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010947.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	10573  

Name:	P1010949.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	10574   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010952.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	10575  

Name:	P1010944.JPG
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	10576   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010945.JPG
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	10577  

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 23rd, 2007, 11:25 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Fascinating. Looks good, but sometimes I wonder why you started with a complete truck at all. Seems like less steps to add parts to a naked chassis than remove parts from a complete truck At least you're not one of those people who wasted huge money turning a NAS truck into a buggy.

Amusingly, the seat swivel feature makes it look like an ejection seat. If passengers start irritating you by pulling fuses out on the trail, just tap the brakes and catapult them through the void where the windshield used to be. From there you can decide to either flatten them or come to a complete stop.
Old September 26th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
Fascinating. Looks good, but sometimes I wonder why you started with a complete truck at all. Seems like less steps to add parts to a naked chassis than remove parts from a complete truck At least you're not one of those people who wasted huge money turning a NAS truck into a buggy.

Amusingly, the seat swivel feature makes it look like an ejection seat. If passengers start irritating you by pulling fuses out on the trail, just tap the brakes and catapult them through the void where the windshield used to be. From there you can decide to either flatten them or come to a complete stop.
Good question. If I started now, I would probably buy 2 front fenders and a grill cover. But, back when I started I simply didn't have the means. I was in college living in an apartment. I redid the body and interior with the truck on the street with an extension cord draped off my second story balcony!

Plus, I was not sure what I wanted. At first, I did the typical Rover thing, because I thought that was cool. I did some unusual twists but basically the lift, tires ect. Trouble was I was horribly dissapointed with what the vehicle was capable of so I tore it down and redid it maybe 6 months after I got it back.

Next summer I am cutting the whole cage off and completely redesigning it. When you see what I have in mind you'll probably get a little sick. I know it's not for everyone, but it is a little bit of fun having one of the few Defenders out there that can run the trails I do. Plus it does still look like a rover.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat