JBOD77
Jonathan
1995 D90 ST Beluga Black

Old August 6th, 2016, 02:05 AM
SARTech
P. Barber
1989/Defender 90

Registry
Thanks for the informative and helpful replies.
Those that said pay cash, I agree, you are correct. That has been my way for many years. Although, I just paid for my sons collage and am financing my daughter and son in laws home build, so cash is short at the moment. I haven't had a car payment since 1991, or a home mortgage since 2007.
Ill look in to Lightstream, Im a USAA member since 1990 and was very disappointed with them, they are the ones that wanted a certified appraisal.

Thanks again guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 6th, 2016, 02:45 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Wonder if USAA got burnt by some unscrupulous characters... And tightened up their lending.
Old August 6th, 2016, 03:11 AM
SonnyAK
Sonny
1993 NAS 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARTech View Post
Thanks for the informative and helpful replies.
Those that said pay cash, I agree, you are correct. That has been my way for many years. Although, I just paid for my sons collage and am financing my daughter and son in laws home build, so cash is short at the moment. I haven't had a car payment since 1991, or a home mortgage since 2007.
Ill look in to Lightstream, Im a USAA member since 1990 and was very disappointed with them, they are the ones that wanted a certified appraisal.

Thanks again guys.
I'm disappointed to hear that from USAA! It's been a couple of years since I started a new loan with them so that's too bad!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 6th, 2016, 06:57 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARTech View Post
Thanks for the informative and helpful replies. Those that said pay cash, I agree, you are correct. That has been my way for many years. Although, I just paid for my sons collage and am financing my daughter and son in laws home build, so cash is short at the moment. I haven't had a car payment since 1991, or a home mortgage since 2007. Ill look in to Lightstream, Im a USAA member since 1990 and was very disappointed with them, they are the ones that wanted a certified appraisal. Thanks again guys.
Home Equity is not an option? I also use my 401k to bridge-loan certain purchases if I don't want to liquidate other investments. I know the "industry" markets against it but I generally don't believe 2% of the crap financial advisers say/sell.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old August 6th, 2016, 08:42 AM
CMSgt Bo
Bo
1985 One Ten

USAA has some wonky rules. We bought our home 2 years before retiring and considered using it as a rental until we were ready to move back to NC. We put down 70% and USAA refused to lend the rest if the hose was going to be used as a rental. We ended up taking the 3% loan, used the house as a family vacation home, and promptly paid it off after retirement. It's not like I was going to use it as a brothel or a blue meth lab.

My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
defender, problems