Pricing an off market D90 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old June 12th, 2014, 01:19 AM
Toughy
Chris
95 Yellow ST

Pricing an off market D90

Okay so I stumbled upon a white 94 d90 with over 200k undocumented service (owned by legit mechanic) has winch, external cage, winch diamond plating, 4 rear jump seats. Stock from there. Bad is no dash or cubby box, no tops, could be more thats unknown . Otherwise good shape and he uses it for long trips to see his son

So my question is what offer without disrespecting but also knowing the work/cost ahead...I'm in the 8-12 range?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 12th, 2014, 06:06 AM
Willh
Will Hedrick
Use to own NAS #96, #1778, & #1008

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
Okay so I stumbled upon a white 94 d90 with over 200k undocumented service (owned by legit mechanic) has winch, external cage, winch diamond plating, 4 rear jump seats. Stock from there. Bad is no dash or cubby box, no tops, could be more thats unknown . Otherwise good shape and he uses it for long trips to see his son So my question is what offer without disrespecting but also knowing the work/cost ahead...I'm in the 8-12 range?
Salvage NAS Defenders have been regularly fetching $15K plus at insurance auctions and some over $20k. And, we're talking about trucks in the worst kind of shape with salvage titles to boot. Trucks with non-rebuildable titles that will never get a registrable title are bringing within the range you're suggesting.

We'd really need to hear more specifics on the vehicle in question, but my gut tells me you're going to need to step up your offer, if you still want to buy it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please feel free to visit my website at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Willh is the F'n man! Defender of the Defenders! - Overlander
Old June 12th, 2014, 07:01 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willh View Post
Salvage NAS Defenders have been regularly fetching $15K plus at insurance auctions and some over $20k. And, we're talking about trucks in the worst kind of shape with salvage titles to boot. Trucks with non-rebuildable titles that will never get a registrable title are bringing within the range you're suggesting.

We'd really need to hear more specifics on the vehicle in question, but my gut tells me you're going to need to step up your offer, if you still want to buy it.
Agree with all of the above. Even if the truck is seriously out of stock spec it is still a NAS truck with an 'external cage' (the cage alone costs upwards of $3k) and presumably hours of wrench time. 8-12K will get you a smacked up and rusted NAS. Sight unseen, 25K might take it, and even then this guy prolly knows he can get that anywhere...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 12th, 2014, 07:36 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Start with $12k and see if that's mutually agreeable. You never know. If that's what you're comfortable spending, and it's not properly advertised (i.e. you have no competition) you may "luck out". The no dash thing sounds odd, have you run a Carfax?
Old June 12th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

I would want to see the title and vin plate match.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
90, d90