Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old June 6th, 2008, 06:12 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by steinhnj
Yes, money for a 110 coming in August. Here's my cast: $24,500.

You putting your Defender up for sale?
Advertisement

Old June 6th, 2008, 07:14 AM
steinhnj
Neil Steinhagen
1990 Perentie GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover4x4
You putting your Defender up for sale?
Yep. $24,500.

All equipment stays. Winch, rack, lights, stowage boxes in the back, etc. This should be great fuel to this thread and the "Modify a low miles truck.." thread. Although mine is not low miles (98K) it is slightly modified. That's mostly why I'm selling. I want my rover to look like a ROW rover, not a NAS. Plus, it'd be nice to bring my family out once in a while My jumpseats came out a while ago to make room for the gear (although they're still in my basement). Hence, the 110. Yes, I'll probably miss the 90, but by then I will be able to pick up a ROW for about half the cost and be able to mod it sensless without destroying the NASness.

Sorry JimC, I know this is breaking a few rules. I won't hi-jack this thread with a for sale ad any longer.
Old June 7th, 2008, 01:38 AM
AmityD90
Gery
1987 ROW D90

Registry
steinhnj - that is a very realistic price for your D90. You will definately have alot of interest in your rig.

The low mileage, "virgin" D90's will fetch what they are asking for, if the seller is willing to wait (sometimes years) for the "collector" type of buyer. There aren't many of these around
I feel sad for those D90s, they will probably never see anything more than a gravel driveway.

The rest of the "non virgin" Defenders will sit on the market or will never meet the reserve price" if the seller isn't realistic with the their asking price. (Insert economics 101 theory comments here)

I was in the market for a D90 for a couple months, scoping out ebay, craigslist, auto trader, cars.com, LRX and here. I finally got what I wanted on ebay after bidding on at least 6. Most of my bids did not meet the reserve, and in almost every case, the Defender never met reserve when time expired. No sale.
I won mine because the seller was realistic with the reserve and no one out bid me.

I know that mine will never fetch $60K if I ever wanted to sell it and I am thankful for that.
I can now relax and enjoy it for what it was intended for
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 7th, 2008, 01:51 AM
rgrrvr
DJ Menasco is The Dude
1995 D90

Amen.
Old June 7th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cred
I was planning on going out to Winnetka to see the two out there. I have heard the yellow has been there for almost 2 years!
I bought my 97 from those guys years ago.

Some hard earned advice. Don't buy a truck that has sat. I spent way to much money repairing seals and getting the truck to settle down.

Just find a truck that has been driven.

EwS
Old June 7th, 2008, 12:00 PM
AggieD90
Kevin Collins
'95 AA Yellow & '97 Willow Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Siepmann
Don't buy a truck that has sat.
Agreed. I am slowly replacing every seal on my '95 that sat without being driven much for the last five or so years. As soon as I started driving it - leaks from everywhere. It's not an issue for me since I would have wanted to do these things anyway by this age...but after buying two Defenders (this one sat...the other was one of those Copley "ultra ultra ultra" low mileage ones). I'd rather have one that has 100K that was driven at least a few times a week.
Old June 7th, 2008, 02:23 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Siepmann
I bought my 97 from those guys years ago.

Some hard earned advice. Don't buy a truck that has sat. I spent way to much money repairing seals and getting the truck to settle down.

Just find a truck that has been driven.

EwS
x2. you'll dump a lot of unexpected time and money into those seals.

Follow-up Post:

erm, i guess i meant x3
Old June 7th, 2008, 07:45 PM
madcowdungbeetle
Carter
1994 D90 on 37s supreme balla style

Registry
I bought what many on here would consider a beater D90 not too long ago. I personally prefer it, because I don't feel bad about performing any of the mods I would like to make to it, knowing that this truck will never be worth restoring to stock.

Funny thing is, with a little work, sorting some wiring, but mostly cleaning and replacing some hardware I've turned it into a fairly clean looking daily driver D90.

If you have any mechanical abilities and fabrication skills and aren't stuck on keeping everything "Rover" these are super easy trucks to own and keep up.
Old June 7th, 2008, 08:20 PM
mpsteil
Michael Steil
NAS 110#23,97 ST#665

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldscratchggf
x2. you'll dump a lot of unexpected time and money into those seals.

Follow-up Post:

erm, i guess i meant x3
X4, the best 90 I have ever seen was the one I sold to Gary on the board here. It had 100k on it and just in my opinion was perfect. A Rover is made to be driven not sat. I drive my 110 at least twice a week now because the more I drive it the better it goes.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ebay