Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 4th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Pretty funny

Take a look at page three of the JD power Vehical Dependability study:

http://www.jdpower.com/corporate/new...df/2006133.pdf

Tell me if, as a Land Rover owner, anything catches your eye I still like mine though!

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 5th, 2007, 12:10 AM
shawnpalmer
Shawn Palmer
1997 SW-Arles Blue

Registry
Like the fact that it isn't mentioned? Unless I missed something! Oh well, at least they didn't blatently say they were dead last.

97 D90 SW
Old January 5th, 2007, 01:16 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyOval
Like the fact that it isn't mentioned? Unless I missed something! Oh well, at least they didn't blatently say they were dead last.
You missed something! Land Rover came in dead last with an amazing 112 more problems per 100 vehicals than any other manufacturer.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 5th, 2007, 01:24 AM
shawnpalmer
Shawn Palmer
1997 SW-Arles Blue

Registry
I knew I skimmed too fast! I guess I am so used to seeing all the bad consumer reports that I just skipped right over it. BTW, my father bought a new Supercharged RR last week. First off, he couldn't test drive it because it didn't idle right. Then, he gets it home and the check engine light comes on and the engine runs rough. He has owned it a week and it has been in the shop for most of that time. What do you expect for 90 grand?

97 D90 SW
Old January 5th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Jon_Winningham
Sterling M Archer
1995 AA Yellow NAS D90 #2986

Registry
Rather Push a Rover

I would rather push a Rover than drive any of the cars on that list.
Besides NONE of the cars on that list holds its' value like the Defenders do.

What does JD Powers say about retention of value????????????????
1995 NAS Defender 90 AA Yellow #2986: Current
2009 Range Rover Supercharged Black/Black: Current

1993 NAS Defender 110 #375/500: Sold
1995 NAS Defender 90 Soft Top Beluga Black #2556: Sold
1991 Range Rover Hunter Green: Sold
1997 NAS Defender 90 Station Wagon Portofino Red #128: Sold
1993 NAS Defender 110 Beluga Black #215/500: sold
Old January 5th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Winningham
I would rather push a Rover than drive any of the cars on that list.
Besides NONE of the cars on that list holds its' value like the Defenders do.

What does JD Powers say about retention of value????????????????
Dunno,

I just happened apon that report. It was so bad for Land Rover, I just had to post up. This is only US cars so Defenders are not even calculated in.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old January 5th, 2007, 02:36 PM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

Look at it this way Dave: you finally get to be above average! Just Kidding Dave!

Actaully I think the largest contributor to our "above average status" is probably the Discovery.

That is thier flagship isn't it?
Old January 5th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Menasco
Look at it this way Dave: you finally get to be above average! Just Kidding Dave!

Actaully I think the largest contributor to our "above average status" is probably the Discovery.

That is thier flagship isn't it?
Very funny!

Does Land Rover still use Lucas? The problem that I see is a "problem per 100 vehicles" could be anything. I bet that a lot of little stuff goes wrong. That said, man, they are way below average. And you can't just blame Ford as Mercury was very high on the list.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old January 5th, 2007, 05:26 PM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

I've found some things in the D90 that say Lucas so it seems reasonable that some of the mid 90's Discos also have some Lucas. Not sure though.

One of my flashers has a LR stamp on it and another is Lucas. I don't remember what my coil said, but I assumed its was Bosche.

That being said you're right. It could be any number of things much of which I think Ford has little to do with.
Old January 5th, 2007, 05:46 PM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyOval
I knew I skimmed too fast! I guess I am so used to seeing all the bad consumer reports that I just skipped right over it. BTW, my father bought a new Supercharged RR last week. First off, he couldn't test drive it because it didn't idle right. Then, he gets it home and the check engine light comes on and the engine runs rough. He has owned it a week and it has been in the shop for most of that time. What do you expect for 90 grand?

I'll never forget the local unveiling of the LR 3's. The dealership had a nice private event at a local attraction where they displayed all of the new Rovers when the LR 3 first hit the showrooms. Anyone who had bought a Rover from them got an invitation.

One of the salesmen (do they still call them sales guides or something like that?) insisted on taking me for a test drive in a loaded LR 3. Okay I was drinking his beer and eating his food so I felt sort of obligated. No matter what he tried it would not shift out of first gear!!!

That was really cool though the way the screen showed you which way your tires were pointed.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat