Pottery Barn R/C Defender in Action! - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 27th, 2006, 08:17 AM
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST
Originally Posted by woldd90
I may get another one, anyone thinking of adding the NAS Roll cage and a basket rack?
Among other touches. I'd like to make it look as much like our actual 90 as possible. Bought two, one to molest, one to keep stock for know. I have this crazy notion I should buy another in case I wear the drive train out of one. Speaking of which, has anyone else opened theirs up yet, or am I the only crazy one??

It has a strange drive system, and two motors, one motor drives each side (front and back). Shaft drive, front gear case is really strange design. All plastic gears of course, and despite the noise they do have a white grease on them. Fairly nice design for taking it apart, with all of the light wires hooked to two plugs, one front, one rear. Unfortunately the battery cable does not have a disconnect, so I guess I will add that when I start the disassemble for customization, assuming I ever get to it. I should have snapped some digital photos, but I was in a hurry and didn't think about it. Our 10 month old daughter was moving in with a gleam in her eye...

~Scott T.
'95 D-90 ST - AA Yellow
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!"

Save The Manuals!
Old January 27th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Alyssa Brown
'05 Range Rover
I finally broke down and got one. My friend got one and we were playing with it, having it drive over laundry and books, and it is so cool! I can't wait to get mine. I LOVE the engine sound. I already have a Range Rover that I customized to look just like mine, and a Discovery that came out of the box looking like my old Lucas.

Old January 27th, 2006, 12:53 PM
1962 Series II
Went at last night with a screw driver and 600 grit sandpaper. After a wash and prime I will begin painting. How do you plan to fab a roll bar?
Old January 27th, 2006, 05:17 PM
1994 #1695 Not stock.
Had to have one!

All right these are too cool!

Jumped on the bandwagen. They had 30 when i called today.

Old January 27th, 2006, 08:03 PM
1989 110SW 1 of 2,000,000
I just got mine. It does not get any cooler than this! We need to have a best mod contest for our pint sized 90's!

:O [==] O:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat