Portable 12v A/C-swamp coolers - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 24th, 2005, 05:59 PM
defender 130
Portable 12v A/C-swamp coolers

Summer is here in California and I have several trips planned to the Sierras that entail driving through the Mojave desert. I found this site www.swampy.net and I am wondering if anyone has any personal experience with them or any thoughts. I know swamp type coolers work best in dry climates such as deserts. I will be using it in the cab of my 130 crew cab. I do not want to install a A/C system because I do not want to lose anymore power and dont have the time or the money to have someone install it for me. If money were no object I would get a Red Dot system like Michael Slade has in his well thought out rig. Looking for suggestions for keeping my wife and kids cool.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat