leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rover4x4
Dang, that hard to believe.
Not really .. American cars are generally crap in the twisties ...
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 24th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
I gotta say the XC 90 is a pretty good kid hauler. I got my ex-wife one 'cause she couldn't get the Expedition up the drive way with out hitting a tree, much less putting that pig in the garage. Always crashing into somthing. The XC was pretty good on gas, fun to drive and had a third row seat option to seperate the warring factions when the kids got out of hand. Best of all the ex quit chrashing into shit.
Old September 24th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymow View Post
I gotta say the XC 90 is a pretty good kid hauler. I got my ex-wife one 'cause she couldn't get the Expedition up the drive way with out hitting a tree, much less putting that pig in the garage. Always crashing into somthing. The XC was pretty good on gas, fun to drive and had a third row seat option to seperate the warring factions when the kids got out of hand. Best of all the ex quit chrashing into shit.
you're one of the few people I have heard say positive things out of post 2004 Volvos. My wife had one (brand new in 2006). less than 10,000 miles and it went through two rear wheel bearings and was an overweight underpowered (t5) S-box IMO!!!!

the only thing I will say about the little piglet was that it did incorporate a lot of clever design features (like minivans) like storage dividers, built-in booster seats for kids and other smart features.

Glad you had a good experience though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 25th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Sandt
Sandt Michener
1984 Ninety

Registry
Is the restaurant/bar venture out of the question? If you're saving to start a business soon I would not pay the big bucks for the Cayenne, but instead go for the Touareg.
Old September 25th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Jackie true, true we had a t5 as well, but the ex wifey couldn't drive for shit. One of the few criticisms I could throw at her during marrage counseling that didn't start WWIII. Heavy & underpowered = safe. Besides the only hill down here is the county dump. The Pirrellis that came on it didn't last 10,000 mi., they were complete junk. But hay, she got all the mini van crap, I didn't have to ride around in a mini van and the kids loved the booster seat. WINNING!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat