Please tell me this isn't the new ARB - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old July 28th, 2010, 02:02 AM
skupetz
Gustaf Kupetz
NAS110, HCPU, Disco, Toylander, 2

ARB bumper

It's ugly, but it has a much better approach angle, look closely and you'll see. I toured through the ARB facility in OZ once on my way back from Antarctica and I must say they put a lot into the design. Pedestrian safety I would speculate is why this one looks so goofy. The old one was kinda grandfathered in as I recall them telling me. Now the new stuff all has to have a 5mm bend here and no protruding metal bits there. They just deal in a world wide market and have to play by many other rules than the typical aftermarket bumper guy does.

-Gustaf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 28th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
I like it ( for what is was intended )
Old July 28th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by skupetz View Post
It's ugly, but it has a much better approach angle, look closely and you'll see. I toured through the ARB facility in OZ once on my way back from Antarctica and I must say they put a lot into the design. Pedestrian safety I would speculate is why this one looks so goofy. The old one was kinda grandfathered in as I recall them telling me. Now the new stuff all has to have a 5mm bend here and no protruding metal bits there. They just deal in a world wide market and have to play by many other rules than the typical aftermarket bumper guy does.

-Gustaf
X2. approach angle is better than my ARB. it's much closer to the grill. downside is in an impact, there is much less buffer room, so I'll prefer mine. I'm focused on equipping for overland, and the goal of mine it to protect the radiator when far from civilization. Approach angle shortcomings can be overcome by bridging ladders and technique. I'll say that I don't often have approach angle issues however with my 3" lift, but I don't do much rock crawling anyhow.

I'm glad there is variety in the market.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 28th, 2010, 12:11 PM
discotdi
Todd Miller
Land Rover

looks fine to me.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat