Pine Barrens dirt biking - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old July 26th, 2007, 02:18 PM
sflash868
Stephan Laputka
1995 D-90 SW

Pine Barrens dirt biking

Want to take my dual sport through the pine barrens. I was hoping someone might be able to tell me what exit off the garden state to take? I remember meeting at the red lion diner when I took the truck but I don't remember where that is. Any help would be great. thanks.
Advertisement

Old July 26th, 2007, 03:29 PM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflash868
Want to take my dual sport through the pine barrens. I was hoping someone might be able to tell me what exit off the garden state to take? I remember meeting at the red lion diner when I took the truck but I don't remember where that is. Any help would be great. thanks.
I used to ride out in the pine barrens all the time, saddly even on a dual sport it's not cosher, while you may have a motorcycle license, insurance and valid tags for the street, pretty much the ranger can pull you over, tell you you can't be there and issue you a ticket, if you go to court the judge will most definetly side with the ranger and you will lose... stay away from NJ...
Old July 30th, 2007, 09:17 PM
rmuller
Ryan
1966 S2a 88" | 2006 LR3

We wheel down there frequently and don't have any problems with rangers as long as we stick on the trails.. I don't know if it is any different with bikes though..

Red Lion Diner is on the circle of 70 and 206 I believe in the town of Red Lion.. we usually meet up at the Atsion Ranger Station.. Take the New Jersey Turnpike to Interchange 7 - Rte. 206. Follow Rte. 206 South approximately 30 miles into Wharton State Forest and the town of Atsion, where you'll see the Ranger Station. There is also a restaurant right before it called the Pic-A-Lily, I believe it's in Shamong.. between the pic & ranger station there is a trail head on the left hand side.

Good luck and be careful of the water pits, some of them are decievingly deep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 30th, 2007, 09:37 PM
sflash868
Stephan Laputka
1995 D-90 SW

THanks for the info. I figured it's not kosher just as any OHV use in the east is not kosher. Then again I look at it this way.. Rausch Creek is 60 bucks per bike plus the 40 bucks in gas to get there. A ticket for whatever the land use violation is not more than 100 bucks and probably is not a moving violation. Plus there is a chance a ranger won't catch me and my bike is plated and insured. I only stick to designated trails. I hate the people that go messin up land trying to trail blaze. There are tons of stories of people ruining it for wheeling but there are three times as many stories about people closing access to dirt bikes. I don't get the east.. NY state is the third largest purchser of OHV vehicles in the country and there is basically NOWHERE to go. Give people a place to ride and i bet they won't go riding where they aren't supposed to risking tickets and fines. Sorry ranting
Old July 31st, 2007, 09:30 AM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflash868
THanks for the info. I figured it's not kosher just as any OHV use in the east is not kosher. Then again I look at it this way.. Rausch Creek is 60 bucks per bike plus the 40 bucks in gas to get there. A ticket for whatever the land use violation is not more than 100 bucks and probably is not a moving violation. Plus there is a chance a ranger won't catch me and my bike is plated and insured. I only stick to designated trails. I hate the people that go messin up land trying to trail blaze. There are tons of stories of people ruining it for wheeling but there are three times as many stories about people closing access to dirt bikes. I don't get the east.. NY state is the third largest purchser of OHV vehicles in the country and there is basically NOWHERE to go. Give people a place to ride and i bet they won't go riding where they aren't supposed to risking tickets and fines. Sorry ranting
oh i agree, there should be more places to ride, unfortunately private land owners can't take the risk bc of idiots who ride get injured and think it's brilliant to sue(let me at them with a bat!).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat